*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Lunatik

Lunatik Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ryzeki likes this.
  2. Lunatik

Reputations:
    Can’t find your post regarding the DCH drivers so I’ll quote this. Whats wrong with the DCH drivers? They work fine, and you can get NVIDIA Control Panel from the windows store. Literally takes 2 seconds of research to realize that.

3. Lunatik

Reputations:
    Idk why you all are limiting your boost clock. I have mine set to 41 all cores and my temps are beautiful. Never hit PL before but I still did the BIOS mod.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2019
  4. gdmaddog

gdmaddog Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Worked like a charm!

raz8020 likes this.
  5. sethwololo

sethwololo Newbie

Reputations:
    Just as an alternative

6. vidaporvida_

vidaporvida_ Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ok then. But I tryed to search for NVIDIA Panel and I didn´t find it on MS Store.
    I need it to tweak things like I did in the past, when Im not plugged in I dont wanna use Nvidia and I wanna configure some grapgics settings.

I contacted MSI and they reply the same as u, I need to install via MS Store. But It doesn´t show up :S omg.... Kinda getting regred to invest 2300$ in this laptop!

How do u use Afterburner OC Scanner? What afterburner did u download? and how can I apply that curve?

Well IDLE temps are 44 to 46ºC but it has spikes to 55 or 60º for a 1 or 2 seconds, when Im doing something ofc.

Cant understand WHY i have this temps, I dont wanna go back to the store (had to travel 200km for that and I can´t be without the laptop).... damn I have such bad luck.

Mine is normal at 4.0 Turbo since im using Metal Liquid I shouldn´t worry about temps anyways!

Well Nvidia Experience is great, I like it... and I like tradicional panel so that I can confg my graphics settings
    Cant figure out WHY nvidia did this or MS. I cant even find the Nvidia Panel on MS Store!

7. stumpyjake

stumpyjake Newbie

Reputations:
    So was looking at a GS75 but after reading this forum I think I might switch to a GE75. A question though. A stock machine with 16GB of RAM, does this come as 1 x 16GB stick or 2 x 8GB sticks. I want to upgrade it to the max as this won't primarily be for playing games so would like to get the maximum of memory installed. Anyone know of any custom builders in the UK, I see HiDevolution is a popular choice in the US, but I don't want to ship from the US due to customs charges. An are there any suggestions for re-pasting the CPU and GPU, whats the best paste/pad to use, I can probably do a normal thermal paste job but don't think I could handle a liquid metal re-paste. I see HiDevolution offer this "Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on CPU + GPU, and Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads on heat sensitive surfaces", I understand the CPU and GPU bit but what do they do for the last bit "Thermal pads on heat sensitive surfaces"

Thanks

8. vidaporvida_

vidaporvida_ Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    U need to go to dual channel, better if u have already 16GB just buy another 16GB stick and u will have a great perfomance.

For the thermals, MSI says that we CAN´T change the Thermal Pads otherwise u gona lose warranty (I have the email from them saying the Thermal Pads are of High Quality and therefor is no need to change them altough u can repast it and even metal liquid it if its done by professionals).

So I didn´t change any thermal pads, even the store told me there isnt any reason for it.
    Anycase I have liquid metal and still high temps WHEN only not with TURBO fans enabled, because if I enable the fans I get great temps but ITS SOOOOO LOUD!

9. donotwant

donotwant Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I actually originally ordered the GS75 too, but the canceled the order and jumped on the GE75. I got the RTX 2070 version. Way better performance since it’s not a max-q version and $100 cheaper price.

As for Ram, it normally comes with a single 16GB stick.

I think that the laptop might come with normal thermal pads and then they are replaced with Fujipoly?

As for paste I didn’t go with LM, and instead went with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut on CPU/GPU

10. Lunatik

Reputations:
    Google Nvidia control panel ms store? I’m at work or I’d link you to my bookmark. Havn’t seen anyone else having an issue in here with drivers.

Your worried about 60c? Lol