*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Nov 12, 2018.

1. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Those are good temps for conservative performance.

2. vidaporvida_

vidaporvida_ Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I´m kinda sad.
    I bought the GE75 8SF, ok, they did repast it with metal liquid, payed 75€, but, I also added 16GB to make dual channel. So far so good.

Installed windows and so one.
    1) Can´t install any Nvidia drivers besides the crappy version of DCH system... WHY and how do I fix that?! I can´t even acess control panel thats sucks!

2) Temps? Well I didnt activat the turbo fans ofc but without it on, I reach 91ºC with Power Limit Throttle (I did undervoltage to -160mV). Who can it be with metal liquid reaching that temps by running 3DMark 11!? Sure when I activate turbo speed on the fans I get max of 70ºC... but still! HOW can I fix that Power Limit thing confirmed with Intel Xtreme Utility and how to I fix my temps?!

3)
    I scored in 3DMark in perfomance 20899P (GPU was 27192 with a +125/500MHz OC). Perfomance wise I think its fine but still...

Need help to install NORMAL drivers and how to fix the thermal and Power Limit thing! They did repast the with Grizzly Cond...

GPU reached only 60ºC with OC... there I good a great thermal!

My firste results of 3DMark https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/13185390

3. gdmaddog

gdmaddog Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/34077454?

GE75 8SG model. Stock cooling. I added 16 gig ram to go dual channel. Mild 123mhz GPU/ 915mhz memory boost using MSI AfterBurner. I am happy with the performance so far. Scored a smoking deal at Frys with one of those magic 20% off coupons they hand out at the door.

vidaporvida_ likes this.
  4. vidaporvida_

vidaporvida_ Notebook Geek

Reputations:

Sorry to ask but can u put ur settings here... what u mean by "without TDP mode).
    Did u run Intel XTU and had any Power Throttle?

Im using
    Core -150~Cache -150 and GPU -50 but im not sure if I selected correctly, can u show me a printscreen of ur settings=

5. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You need to install GeForce Experience and download the latest driver through it. For these new RTX cards the NVIDIA control panel is now a UWP compatible app that is supposed to DL automatically from the MS store when you update your NVIDIA drivers. Something is messed up with it, though. I will be back with a link you can try to download and install it from.

6. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    raz8020 and gdmaddog like this.
  7. Denis Domanskii

Denis Domanskii Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    After fresh Win10 install, drivers bellow must be installed in following order:

1) Chipset (from MSI support site)
    2) Intel Management Engine (from MSI support site)
    3) Intel VGA Driver (from MSI support site)
    4) Nvidia Control Panel (UWP version from MS Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nvidia-control-panel/9nf8h0h7wmlt )
    4) Nvidia VGA Driver (DCH version, from nvidia site)
    5) Audio (from MSI support site, need to make some additional steps to prevent default Win10 driver install: https://www.gfisk.com/realtek-audio-driver-install-loop-windows-10/ )
    6) LAN (from MSI support site)
    7) Card Reader (from MSI support site)
    8) Wireless LAN (from MSI support site, Intel driver only, no Killer)
    9) Bluetooth (from MSI support site, Intel driver only, no Killer)
    10) TouchPad (from MSI support site)
    11) EC Firmware (from MSI support site)
    12) Silent option (instead of Dragon Center 2.0)
    13) Afterburner, ThrottleStop, etc.

It's important to install Control Panel before DCH NVIDIA driver.

Power limit throttle is ok, but with this temps you should get Thermal limit throttle. Or not? 91 is really high for 3D Mark, what is your idle CPU temp?

TDP mode is a BIOS mode which was described by AWholeHam here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...scussions-lounge.825828/page-48#post-10863491
    It could give better performance and temps but if you failed with some setting - you get brick, even hard BIOS reset will not help you, only service center. But some people here made it.

As for me, I just made undervolt in ThrottleStop -140/-140/-50 and have limited turbo boost freq for 6 cores by 3.6. Also don't forget to enable throttlestop by button Turn On in main window.

upload_2019-3-1_11-33-30.png

For me, curve generated by Afterburner OC Scanner gives me more performance than manual +140 core.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Kilador, Doc Fox, kstile and 3 others like this.
  8. Silverfeyn

Silverfeyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Someone playing Battlefield V or Anthem with the 2080 RTX???, because I'm having a lot less FPS in High than https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/msi-ge75-raider-rtx-gaming-laptop,5983.html.

He says
    Mine, with DX12 and Ray Tracing OFF, in High graphics, I'm always between 50-70 Fps A lot less if I activate DXR.
    I was thinking if for some reason it was my laptop problem, but I ran the Rise of the Tomb Raider Benchmark that in that review scored 72 and Mine scored 74... So I don't know what is my problem with Battlefield(or Anthem, I have like 30-40 fps in all presets, with LOW gpu usage).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  9. sethwololo

sethwololo Newbie

Reputations:
  10. Lunatik

Lunatik Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not true, download the DCH version then the nvidia control panel from windows store. GeForce Experience is not needed.