*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Nov 12, 2018.

1. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    you'll probably need a 16gbx2 kit. Check if you currently have one or two sticks of ram installed.

Concerning optimisations, you can join the msi discord here https://discord.gg/ARYX6Ud We have many tips and guides there that you can follow to optimise your laptop

AriSe82 likes this.
  2. AriSe82

AriSe82 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you!!

3. Quokka

Quokka Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does the Win10 20H2 update play nicely with the Raider GE75 8SG? Not done it yet.

4. greninga

greninga Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    For me yes. 8sg

5. Ravenik

Ravenik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a problem with keyboard in GE75 (i7 10750h/rtx 2070). Every once in while, when I wirte text, suddenly the last letter or a special key (like backspace) starts to repeat. For example instead of storm I get stormmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... in the current doucment. Also when I press delete or backspace - these keys also repeat. It lasts for around 1 second if I remember. The problem exists from the begining when I bought this notebook around a year ago. I doubt if the reason is because I hold keys too long and they begin to repeat. I write on computers for a long time and did not experience such behaviour of a computer before.
    Questions:
    1) has someone experienced similar problem in GE75?
    2) may it be because I keep cooling fans at low speeds, what may cause extra heat?
    3) what may be be the reason of the problem?
    4) shall I send it to service on warranty? However I am somewhat reluctant to send it. I use it all time as desktop replacement and sometimes for gaming. Furthermore I am not sure if the MSI service will be able to replicate the issue. It happens sometimes often and sometimes less often.