*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah I know and I am using it in other laps, but in ge75 my problem is poor contact after LM

It I could lower the heatsink a bit down it would resolve the issue

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  2. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Get some pressure paper samples (free) and see which parts of the heatsink make contact. Sand the parts that make contact to lower the peaks so the rest of the heatsink makes contact.

3. Krzyslaw

Reputations:
    you think? Beceause the screws were already tightened to max I think

4. dglt

dglt Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    how long did it take for you to get a sample? i requested one a few days back because the pricing on this stuff (Fujifilm Prescale ultra low) is insane

5. greninga

greninga Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes imon trick and overclocked rams.
    I hate this trash 3 screw heatsink.
    I have try every top thermal paste that I can find in the world and nothing works.after some days working really bad.this is the reason I dont want try LM cause of poor contact.
    I am using 6 months+ now that ic graphite thermal pad on cpu and really works like the first day (min -max core 5c.)

This cpu u have it's a monster ,its hard too cool this think with out modding ur laptop + homemade cooling pad.

6. greninga

greninga Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would know if this video it's fake.50c at 4,7ghz 10980hk.. this is not impossible lol.

7. Krzyslaw

Reputations:
    WTF, maybe he disabled most of the cores along with HT?

And I am thinking of using 0.1 mm shim in the way lm /shim/lm

The problem is only with CPU as the GPU after repaste with mastergel maker on the die and gc-extreme on the memory and power section with +140 oc on core and +1300 on memory tops at around 72 without any UV with the curve in afterburner

And as for CPU I would be happy if the cpu temps maxes at around 85 with all core boost eh

Now for example playing not demanding FIFA 20 at 270HZ (I oced my 240HZ screen xD) keeps my clocks at all 4.3GHz but the temps are around 93 - 95.

It just needs LM as all 8 cores at 4.3GHz with 1.15V needs much faster heat transfer.
    What I did now I have puted 1mm gelid ultimate on top of the heatpipes so some of the heat can be transfered to the pipe that comes directly from gpu and pipe that comes from gpu and than to the cpu power section. The same thing I have made for gpu pipes so the top pipe that cools VRM only also transfers some heat from gpu

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  8. Quokka

Quokka Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    After installing my Samsung 970 EVO Plus in the spare M2 slot, I've noticed that having an active cooling stand make a MASSIVE different to this SSD's temps. I can keep the load temps approx 10-15c lower, just by switching on the fan halfway in my COOLERMASTER Notepal Ergostrand III. Its interesting as switching on this fan makes very little difference to CPU or GPU temps, but it does have a huge impact on the temps for this SSD. Even the idle temps are a good 5c lower with this fan on.
    I also notice in that HWInfo there are two temps for this SSD. The second one is generally higher. From reading on the internet, the 2nd one is generally assumed to be the controller temp. However in the Samsung Magician software, only ONE temp is reported, and that is the FIRST one from HWInfo. I'm inclined to believe that this first temp (and the one reported in Samsung Magician) is in fact the controller temp (as its also logical that the memory would run hotter, as its meant to). Does anyone have more info on this regarding which temp is which?

9. blacklupus

blacklupus Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  10. deathwingbg

deathwingbg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys, I think I have made a great revelation/discovery.

Has anyone tried charging the laptop via the USB type-c port?
    Theoretically that is 100W so if you combine it with the power brick 280W, that makes total of 380W supplied to the laptop.
    Can somebody test & confirm this?