*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Quokka

Quokka Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    OK, done and installed. Not too difficult in the end. Currently downloading Star Wars Squadrons to this drive from Steam, over a 250mb connection. Samsung Magician software is saying that my drive temp (during this download/writing operation) is 59c after going for 20GB sustained download and writing. Next to the temp meter it says "Too High". I've done some googling which seems to suggest this is actually not a problem, and the Samsung Magician software is just being dramatic with its "too high" warning. I also read that Samsung EVO NVMe drives do run hot, and thats fine, as they are rated to 70c and above, and will throttle as needed to ensure no damage.
    Any thoughts or advice on this? I did notice that the free slot I needed to install the SSD in had a heatpipe running right across the top of it.

2. blacklupus

blacklupus Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Temps are fine. Don't worry about it.

In Samsung Magician you can check if the "Over Provisioning" setting is set to "Recommended".

3. Quokka

Quokka Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks, and yes, its set to Recommended, is that correct?

Also, I found something interesting with HWinfo64. It shows two temps for the drive. From reading some forums, people seem to say that the 2nd temp in HWinfo is the one for the controller. But it is the 1st temp in HWinfo64 which is being displayed in Samsung Magician. The 2nd temp is higher, and has hit 70c on occasion. Now I'm a bit confused as to which temp Samsung Magician is showing, the controller temp or something else?

For example, busy downloading another game to this drive at the moment. Temp1 in HWinfo is showing as 49c. This is the same temp as is showing in Samsung Magician. However temp 2 in HWinfo is showing as 62c. This temp is nowhere to be found in Samsung Magician. Confused lol!

4. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    HI

Anyone tried flashing 200W VBIOS on ge75 10sgs RTX2080Super.

I recieved 200W vbios from Aorus RTX2080Super laptop and wanted some feedback from you guys?

Or maybe someone have another/different 160W, 170W, 180W, 190W, 200W VBIOS that can share?

On stock 150W Vbios with some OC I am getting around 29.5K graphics score.

Also do you guys use LM on GPU in rtx2080 versions of ge75 or only on CPU? I am asking, because rtx2080s die is quite big and there is very little space to aluminium heatsing, so here I am a bit confused.

I am planing to repaste my beast with LM on CPU + K5PRO (OR GC-extreme??) on cpu powersection and LM/Mastergel on GPU + Mastergel Maker on Vram and VRMs.
    And maybe some polishing on heatsinks.
    What do you think?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  5. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Absolute best thermals i've gotten are with LM and carbonaut on the cpu and gpu respectively with a perfectly lapped mirror finish heatsink. LM on the rtx 2080 is finnicky and tends to pool up due to its large die.

And yes, you can use a 200w vbios safely on a GE75. It has 6 gpu phases + actively cooled vrms.

6. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    These are the pictures of the inside of the laptop. ( Pictures are not mine, just found them on the google to show you )
    nWULSRQ.jpg MSI-GE75-Raider_24.jpg

So I think that, this will handle 200W Vbios, what do you think @seanwee

As for LM, you have just write what I tought. Honestly I have spare carbonaut, but even with perfect lapped mirror finish heatsinks thermal paste on my side in my 2 other laptops always worked better. What are your temps with carbo? And if it worked so well on gpu why you didn't go with it on cpu?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  7. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Because I have LM left and carbonaut is expensive. I'm not cutting a small piece just to use on the cpu.

Carbonaut works as well as LM on the gpu temps wise.

8. dglt

dglt Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    does the GE75 raider have an option to disable the iGPU and run in discrete mode?

9. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
  10. dglt

dglt Notebook Guru

Reputations: