*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. unclejun

unclejun Newbie

Reputations:
    For better audio check this out:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/nahimic-3-on-unsupported-systems.822763/page-90

2. Pedro69

Pedro69 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    well in windows is ok but stress on aida give bssod

3. Pedro69

Pedro69 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Also i tried with the same values again windows and the screen was in black after some minutes in idle

4. LocoPwnify

LocoPwnify Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey you beautiful GE75 owners. Have anyone updated to the new E17E9IMS.109 Bios update released 2020-06-19? Can you still undervolt?

5. Jack Went

Jack Went Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone

I really need some help and hope that one of my fellow owners had the same problem.

I have a GE75 Raider 8SE and i'm getting random DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen when I play certain games that require lots of performance, Path of Exile, PUBG, etc. I also started keeping my Performance tab in Task manager open on my other screen to see what happens, basically my SSD Activity spikes to 100% and stays there 10-15 seconds as the rest of my computer freezes and then blue screens. It also doesn't want to minidump the error log and the event viewer says could not write error file and unexpected computer shutdown or something along that line.

I've read tons of pages and posts trying to fix this. Things I've done to try and fix it with no success:
    -I've read that this could be an SSD issue, so I've ran chkdsk as well as other error scanning software which detected no errors.
    -Updated BIOS, Updated EC Firmware. Updated almost every single driver and utility on the GE75 8SE page. Uninstalled NVIDIA graphics drivers multiple times and tried different versions of it.
    -Installed Dragon Center 2
    -Uninstalled Killer Service and Norton since it seemed it could maybe be the problem.
    -Changed hard disk and sleep settings to never sleep

This might be relevant to debugging; the Camera also never worked for some reason (Not an FN F6 issue, it just doesn't work.) It's also happened multiple times in the past year and I sent it in for warranty repair when it got really bad (Also got VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR before factory reset, now it's just watchdog) and looked like they just factory reset it etc. It worked for a while but then started doing it again now recently where it does it literally every 30 minutes of playing.

I've run out of ideas, I could factory reset again and it might work for a while, but I want to get to the root of the issue.

6. unclejun

unclejun Newbie

Reputations:
    You can still undervolt.

7. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just found out that for ram, tFAW should be tRRDS x 4

So i tightened it from 18 to 12 (3x4) and got a small drop in latency and slightly increased read speeds. Figured this might help those of you that are overclocking the memory.

Before
    cachemem5.png

After
    cachemem9.png

etrock and greninga like this.
  8. Valiran

Valiran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello owners of GE75 10SFS versions, some of you have repasted their laptop? What thermals do you get?

9. etrock

etrock Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi. can you show numbers RAM OC in bios?

10. etrock

etrock Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    you can also overclock the gpu.
    for example, my rtx2070 clocks up to 2010mhz after set custom curve in MSI Afterburner

GPU voltage? with 1900mhz?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020