*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Nov 12, 2018.

1. greninga

greninga Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    For sure noone want that.we dont talking to get a laptop and just overclocking it for raise the temps.we talking to made a machine to work with better perfomance and better stable cause the temps its decreased.the big enemy of laptops it's the temps.stock laptop hit 90c+.I am not sure will survive for many years with that temps. Now I have turn on my laptop about 10hrs every day and the temps never go more than 80c at cpu and 70c at gpu. Really a stock laptop cant compare to that one about perfomance and lifetime.

2. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    Two years is too early. Usually its 3-4 for me.

At least 2 gpu generations have to go by.

3. greninga

Reputations:
    Well. I opened today my laptop for clean the fans for dust (inside fans) so it was a good time for I repaste it.i did the wrong to clean all the old paste from gpu cpu and vrms.i was thought I have enought kryo for paste all,and I got suprice the 5gr used kryonaut was enought only for gpu cpu.so I found at home some.kryo thermal pads 0,5m. Damn it's bad.. very bad.. my cpu runs so good. I play gta at 3,8ghz and the temp its max 70c. (We see if raise tommorow cause of use.) But my gpu runs hotter than before about +6c. I had max 70c and now 76c.wtf that pads do...I ordered kryo asap.

Also I thought my fans at cooler boost before was about 5800rpm. Now runs almost 5600 rpm. Someone with ge75 if can to check it will be good.
    Ofc didnt restart.maybe need it.i will check it

4. greninga

Reputations:
    Well mates...my gpu hitted 78c and then I open the laptop again to see what happens.when I removed the heatsinc I surpriced that the heatsinc dont have good fit with gpu.so even 0,5 thermal pads its enought thick for it go wrong..I removed the thermal pad and I let the vrams with nothing.no paste no thermal pads.ofc I ordered thermal paste to add at vram. At wwz now gpu max temp 69c and cpu at 3,8ghz max 70c. Advance fans.. so for me stay away from thermal pads at ge75.

5. greninga

Reputations:
    Edit: someone with the latest firmware please can post here the fans rpm at cooler boost.thnks or just the rpm if dont know what firmware it is

6. seanwee

Reputations:
    Thermal pads are squishy and you can squeeze them down to 0.3mm. Just apply more pressure onto the part where you apply the thermal pads. Massage them down to the right thickness.

7. greninga

Reputations:
    I tried to make them about half like u said maybe to 0,3. I opened the laptop and.i pressed the pads ( removed heatsinc) with big pressure with my fingers.all the pads one by one.then I close it again and was really bad temps.then I opened again and I removed the pads and works like never before. From zero to hero! Hahah..now I need open it again in some days for add paste.

8. seanwee

Reputations:
    Maybe the gap really is too small for thermal pads. Ah well, you can use K5 Pro in that case.

9. greninga

Reputations:
    Dont know maybe I use kryonaut again like before.i really never had problems at gpu with kryo.never push more than 70c at turbo. And I am thinking vrams it's not so importand what u will use on it..even with nothing works fine.its like memory chips.
    I thinking just need something to help cooling the vrams but not so thick who can make problem to fit the heatsinc at gpu.

10. katates

katates Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anyone using cooling pads ? I can not manage to lower temps on my 8750H and its getting hot here 30 celcius in the mornings