*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Nov 12, 2018.

1. KTOS_INNY

KTOS_INNY Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you so much.

2. darksoulllll

darksoulllll Newbie

Reputations:
    Can i use this bios tweak on ge73 i78750h 1070?

3. Jacol

Jacol Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So, how are you people feeling about GE75 after months of usage? Are you happy? Hinges did not fell apart? Would you reccommend this honestly or maybe try a different model/brand?
    Still conflicted if it is worth spending so much on the GE or GS. I would actually try sth like MSI Creator 17/M17 for the sleek looks but not sure if the cooling solution will be comparable with GE.

4. blacklupus

blacklupus Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm happy with my GE75 Raider 9sf, would buy it again.

Was aware of the problematic hinges with previous models before I bought it, so I'm opening it very slowly and carefully every time. Not sure if the problem persists...

Wouldn't go for a GS Model because of the size and the flipped Motherboard in the 2019 Models.
    The cooling definitely needs more space. I doubt that you can get 3,8GHz all-core in the small chassis.

Jacol likes this.
  5. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    Oh it's possible, you just need liquid metal to keep temperatures in check and bypass the power limit in the bios. My GS75 has been running at all core 4ghz since last year.

6. greninga

greninga Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well with this laptop u cant go wrong.but for me all the powerfull laptop it's like racing cars.a simple user will not "enjoy" it like an experience user.
    What I mean..after of fresh windows-undervolt- repaste- modding bottom cover with grills-tweaks bios-rams 3200mhz ,the laptop it's so far better than stock. About 30% better perfomance and stable after 10hrs use like the first 15 minutes.now with carantine I turn on the laptop the morning and i close it the night.every day.
    even if not using it I let it at idle.

Never got a crash,never the temps go high.
    The only think that I would have on it its an unlocked cpu.

seanwee likes this.
  7. greninga

greninga Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  8. Jacol

Reputations:
    I am an experienced user and overclocking a laptop does not interest me completely. I plan only doing an undervolt and maybe repasting after warranty period. Stock power is enough for me and couple of games I play preffering stable fps than looks.

I am looking for a rigid machine with enough headroom in terms of a cooling solution to be able to play in 1080p comfortable, without ultra setting to keep the temps in check (I don't like all the shiny effects like HDR, blur, flares,post processing etc.)

Would be nice if the machine would survive 4 years so that's why I am asking how the hinges are keeping up.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  9. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    I 100% agree. Using it to play games and just enjoying how good it is is just half the fun. Tweaking, overclocking and benchmarking the laptop is where the other 50% is at.

greninga likes this.
  10. Jacol

Reputations:
    Maybe but from my own experience, I had a Vaio 12S, now Probook 470, all with additional low performance AMD GPU and the cooling slutions after 3 years is not enough and they can overheat (I swap paste every 6 months with Grizzly Kryonaut nad Noctua when I had Vaio). Becuase fo the high temps, they stress to components around the socket. In Vaio it weaken the structure enough for one socket screw of cooling plate to be broken. High temps also affect springs tension and after 3 years there is not the same pressure applied to the CPU by the plate because of he weaken springs. I use laptop only in my apartment driving is as a dsktop replacement and I am not looking for additional performane just to prolong the life of the internals. Cant aford swaping notebooks every 2 year so I want to spend a bit more once and hope it will not break.