*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Nov 12, 2018.

1. katates

katates Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Auto on dragon center

2. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    Try running unigene heaven and prime 95 small fft at max fans. I need a baseline.

katates likes this.
  3. katates

katates Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Cooler boost on, Small FFT started with 95 celcius @3.6 and throttled to @3.1 and Steady 80 celcius.

Heaven at 2K Ultra Extreme, GPU %98-%99 became steady at 71 celcius

4. seanwee

Reputations:
    The gpu side is fine, cpu side is pretty bad.

Do you dare to use liquid metal?

5. katates

katates Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I don’t think i have the skills to do a delicate job. But seems to be there is no other solution?

6. seanwee

Reputations:
    Your temperatures look in line with paste results. Liquid metal is the way to go if you want good cpu temps. It's a 15-20°C temperature drop from just using regular paste.

7. Kilador

Kilador Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I disagree, my machine is an Intel 8th gen from 2019 and everything is working good including temperature side. Always below 80c when gaming heavily.

8. Kilador

Kilador Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try IC diamond if you haven't tried yet. It's the only paste that worked well for me (tried 4 different pastes)

9. KTOS_INNY

KTOS_INNY Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello There,

I've been reading multiple pages of this thread, but still I did not found answers to some of my questions:
    1. How is this laptop behaving in a normal day to day usage? It is loud for ex when win updates are kicking in?
    2. The power brick- is it getting extra hot?
    3. Noise - only with software can it be timed? I mean UV will do some magic here? The nosie itself is it high pitched? Does any of you have MacBook 15, and can compare?
    4. 144hz panel - can it be set to 60 (I don't need extra frames, and capping GPU and cpu will probably help with fans)

Thanks for all of your answers. I can swap out my MacBook for this (2080, i7 // or i7 10th gen and 2070 super) - the new revision bring anything new to the design (except of 240Hz screen)?

10. blacklupus

blacklupus Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Screen refresh rate can be set to 60Hz in Windows.

MSI is generally good with mitigating fan noise.

There are several fan settings in the Dragon Center Software, but I found that using the MSI Silent Option Software instead makes it possible to lower the fanspeed even more.

Under load the fans normally ramp up, but that goes for every gaming laptop on the market.
    There is no high pitched noise or rattling.

I'm playing Elite: Dangerous on highest graphics and locked to 60 FPS and don't even have to use headphones.

What I like most is that you have tons of tweaking possiblities in the advanced Bios menu plus presets and settings in softwares like Throttlestop and MSI Afterburner.

I would suggest thinking about replacing the factory thermal paste with some more quality one.
    But then again, that goes for every gaming laptop out there.

No manufacturer uses high quality paste, except when you order from special resellers who do it for you. But you could just keep it at stock and simply use Throttlestop to undervolt the CPU.
    It's easy and there are simple guides on Youtube.

In Windows I can't hear the laptop at all. The power brick is warm but not hot at all.

Would go for the 2070 Super, not the 2080, better price/performance.

In MP games like Battlefield or Call of Duty you are limited by the CPU anyway. GPU load is at 60%, so the 2080 performance would just be wasted.

Only in GPU bound games like Red Dead Redemption 2 you would notice a performance gain for a lot more money. But not worth it, imho.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    KTOS_INNY likes this.