*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Edwin Jimenez

Edwin Jimenez Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just installed the new BIOS. The laptop is working normal. Keep in mind that if you want to update the BIOS you must disable Intel BIOS Guard Support, otherwise the process will fail

blacklupus and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  2. deuscreator

deuscreator Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Folks! Need some advice. I misplaced my keyboard / screen cover sheet / cloth and I start to realize how badly I'd need it. Any tips for a working replacement or how I could obtain an original? I looked for cloths like that, but they seem to be too thick.

Thanks in advance!

3. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
  4. Edwin Jimenez

Edwin Jimenez Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Don´t exist for MSI GE75 9sf or 8sf

5. G46VW

G46VW Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi guys, dont spend much time in the MSI section but I have been considering picking one up the last few months. I have been thinking about going for the new GE75 with 2080 super from HID with with the liquid metal option and upgraded thermal pads. How is quality of MSI, I have never owned one. I think I will start my journay with MSI by first picking up the new GE66 with 2070 before I go for the new GE75 though. I really like what MSI is doing with this refresh, It would have been nice though to see a new style of case for the GE75.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  6. Valiran

Valiran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If I was you, I would wait a bit.
    GE75 has not evolved, so cooling system is the same than 2019 and 2018 models, and thoose ones were hot like hell.
    On the other hand, you have the new Asus SCAR G732, which has a revamped cooling system, with 3 fans and factory liquid "metaled".
    I believe, without any good review, like notebookcheck for example, it's dangerous to buy 10th gen Ge75, you can have all the problems we have, aka playing days with throttlestop to cool down CPU with the less loss in horsepower.
    Personnaly I have a Ge75 SG (9750h/2080) and I want to go to 10th gen for a better cooling, and so a better usable system, and for now, GE75 10th gen is not on my list, because of lack of evolution.

Maybe MSI will release a GE76? A 17" GE66? Don't know and I found nothing on it.

7. katates

katates Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys I have RTX 2080 and i7-8750h. On load my gpu is 86 celcius. Is this normal?

8. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Either you have bad heatsink mounting pressure or a really ****ty factory paste job.

Open it up to repaste. If that doesn't help then try to claim warranty and get a new heatsink.

9. katates

katates Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    CPU and GPU having very high temperatures. I did repaste 3 times in a year, stock was also the same.

IDLE CPU:57 celcius GPU: 46 celcius
    Room i think 20 celcius, connected to external monitor and some books under so airflow is okay. Throttlestop @ 3.6 ghz

Attached Files:

10. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What fan speed?