*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Valiran

Valiran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys, after updating BIOS, do we need to reapply the bios mod or is it saved?

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you updated the BIOS from MSI website then you lost the special features provided by the modded BIOS. A modded BIOS itself is a special BIOS modified from a stock BIOS so if you want to retain these special features and capabilities offered by it then you shouldn't flash to the official BIOS.

3. Valiran

Valiran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Got it, this depends on the structure of new BIOS whether if it's revised or not versus previous version. You know how sometimes after a BIOS update you get checksum mismatch and all settings are reverted back to factory defaults?
    Therefore, you should be prepared that you will need to reapply the settings after a BIOS update. :)

greninga likes this.
  5. Orhan Capas

Orhan Capas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have temperature problem for sometime. I undervolted, it did not help much. Recently it got worse. I contacted regional msi service here and asked if it was ok to repaste without voiding warranty. Their answer was a firm no. They claimed opening and repasting voids warranty, even told me that warranty do not allow anything other than msi paste.

The next day i saw 99 C in civ6, which is ridiculous. I contacted msi global support and they told repasting do not void warranty if we do not damage anything.

Should i now ignore local msi service and repaste or wait until my mainboard burns.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    You can repaste without voiding warranty unless physical damage has been inflicted while doing it.
    This has been a known fact for many years so not sure why they said that. Which country are you at?

7. Orhan Capas

Reputations:
    Romania

8. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    It is not that tight on the warranty, see below. Does your unit have a warranty sticker on it?
    https://www.msi.com/page/warranty

9. Orhan Capas

Reputations:
    I have a factory seal. I decided to go for repasting and ordered kryonaut. If I get any problems that I should claim warranty later for something else and they deny it, I am prepared to go wild about it. These jackals will not find an obedient sheep.

MSI is rather new in this country. It was very hard to find any msi laptop just 5 years ago. I am guessing these people do not know well how their boss works

10. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Keep the email that you got from MSI headquarter if that's where you got the permission from.
    If they do deny you for service then you can present it to them. But as far as I know, other regions don't have this issue anymore.