*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. IH8EVRY1EQUALLY

IH8EVRY1EQUALLY Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, thank you for all the information you guys have provided in this forum.
    I just bought my ge75 raider a couple of weeks ago and I am hoping for some help from you folks. I've been trying to do some optimization to the laptop (I have the ge75-9sg 657). My model came with 2x1tb nvme drives in raid mode from factory. I am planning to do a fresh windows 10 install from usb but I don't want the two drives in raid mode when I do the fresh install. what's the best way to go about separating the drives? I tried looking in the bios but I didn't see anything about drive configurations. Also, any guides on overclocking the ram? This model also came with 64gb of ram and performs fine but I keep seeing you guys getting amazing results from your OC'd ram and I'd love to get the most out of mine too. Thanks for any and all help.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  2. IH8EVRY1EQUALLY

IH8EVRY1EQUALLY Newbie

Reputations:
    so far I'm loving mine. I added LM to the cpu out of the box and it's been ripping through all the games I have. Also the screen on mine is damn near perfect even though I just got a random one from walmart. The only real gripe I have so far is the power supply. The lead from the brick to the power port is too short for my taste as I use the laptop in awkward positions at work and there isn't enough slack sometimes so I end up having to pick up the power supply and set it next to me.The end that goes to the wall is plenty long though.

3. awsan

awsan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey everyone , thanks a lot for all the info and help everyone shared with me, yesterday I sold my ge75 and will be getting a desktop soon.

4. greninga

greninga Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The only clevo I like it's the p775tm1
    https://clevo-computer.com/en/laptops-configurator/graphics-card/with-mxm-module-replaceable/

I was looking the scar before I buy the ge75 but I sawed this machine it's really runs hot. CPU hits 100c to many asus machines.and for some reason gpu dont give all the power at all, like this video.1500mhz gpu.when ge75 raider u will see 1800-2000mhz.

What ge75 u looking for? Rtx 2080 or 2070? But both it's very strong. I thing the ge75 it's the best choice at this money.the only laptop I would change mine it's the gt76 titan, clevo p775tm1 or area 51m.ofc very expesives laptops..
    I enjoy mine so much.undervolted -150 mv.
    bottom cover like ge65 raider.use on cooler pad
    i use it now for desktop replacement with external screen asus xg32vq 1440p.razer keyboard and mouse. Gskills rams 3200mhz.( same perfomance like overclock stock rams).believe it or not I have same results at games like 8700k and rtx 2080 desktop.for now no reason to build desktop.i play bf5 ultra 1440p 100-120 frames.

5. Orhan Capas

Orhan Capas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have 16gig Ram Gtx2070 video card version and getting 80-90 degrees C on cpu with cpu heavy games. I am not playing demanding stuff yet but curious if these temperatures are normal. Should i get worried and start looking for repaste, liquid meta, external cooler options?

6. Valiran

Valiran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had a SCARIII with 9750h+2070, and it's a beautiful computer.
    It's the beautifulest laptop I've had
    BUT, damn temp, even with LM, new pads, and XTU dv, it was fracking hot.
    I had to send back to seller, and I took a GE75.
    If I could have a GE75 in the body of the SCARIII, let's go :(

7. greninga

Reputations:
    Yea its has so cool desing.very beautiful really.but damn this with temps it's very bad.every review ,every video,every forum I was looked for this laptop,all runs very hot.

8. greninga

Reputations:
    U have undervolted it?

9. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    I wonder when the GE75 SKUs with the 240Hz displays are going to come available on a widespread basis. I see them advertised on MSI's website and I see one for sale in the UK on Scan, but it isn't out in the US or anywhere else that I can see.

10. Jalen9762

Jalen9762 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations: