*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The main issue here is increasing the cpu tdp. That increases temperatures significantly and will need a LM repaste or a manual cap to clockspeed.

Once that is settled overclocking the ram will pose no issue.

greninga and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  2. greninga

greninga Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Exactly! But for me I dont need now 3,9ghz cpu. 3,6 3,7 ghz with overclock rams transform my machine to a real desktop replacement. I have really same perfomance.with 8700k and rtx 2080 desktop. I watched so many videos on youtube with 8700k and rtx 2080 and I.have same perfomance Maybe a very small difference. Around 5 - 8 frames. I am happy now I dont need build a desktop. Thnks to seanwee

3. greninga

Reputations:
    8700k oc to 5,0ghz!

My beast laptop with 3,7ghz and 3200mhz ram.

9700k rtx 2080 oc

My beast

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    seanwee likes this.
  4. awsan

awsan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am starting to believe mine is damaged some how as I have re pasted more than 4 times and to no avail (You have no reason to trust me but I know my stuff I can easily say I have re pasted more than 50 laptop models, troubles of being the techy between family and friends)

5. Kilador

Kilador Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I believe there was some kind of problem with mine, can't say what... happy with the new heatsink so far. Hope it stays like this for a long time!

6. greninga

Reputations:
    I believe ur heatsink somehow didnt touch ur cpu.maybe u pull it hard for remove it? I use ever before remove it a hair gun from far for some minutes.

7. greninga

Reputations:
    I dont recommend remove the tdp.i removed and the temps at 3,9 was so high.and it's not worth, I didnt got any boost so i return to default again.
    +1000 for overclock rams and underclock cpu to 3,7.u will be surpriced.at some games I got boost 20% -50% at frames

8. IvanPetrov

IvanPetrov Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not everyone! Mine is pretty hot too.

:cool: I believe, there's some conspiracy. It seems to me, that "everyone around" are just living somewhere like Alaska, or Norilsk. ;)

PS. What is the difference between the new and the old heatsinks?

9. luixyz

luixyz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My GE75 have now a new problem, I havent been turning it on for 3 weeks, last night it have a go at me, the / R and F6 key RGB is out of sync and not following the flashy pattern no matter what I tried, seems faulty , I have uninstall and reinstall the steelseries driver, update to latest drivers, BIOS and EC, all didnt helped, the sympton as if those 3 keys cannot display green or yellowish colour, I feel that the green RGB lighting color signal to those 3 keys were bad. However the keypress of those keys were fine, just the lighting is faulty...

I am not keen to have it service as there will be down time and more importantly by replacing the keyboard or so the technician will need to open up the laptop and possibly break the latch, at almost 1 YO my unit is still scratch free and like new, dont want it to be open up and tampered with

Any Suggestions? Havent tried factory recovery and clean install of windows, but since turning the unit on and the keyboard lit on during post (MSI logo) still showing colour problem for those three keys, I think it would be a hardware problem after all.

Attached Files:

10. IvanPetrov

IvanPetrov Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How did you clean the dust from your notebook?