*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    As long as you don't go higher than 1.35v you should be safe, ddr4 only starts to get damaged at 1.5v. I'm just recommending 1.35v because it also helps keep the temperatures in check.

The limiting factor here is the ram quality by the way, not the motherboard.

2. Benro2211

Benro2211 Newbie

Reputations:
    Looks really sharp. I want to try and order a second panel and try this too. I want to use an aluminum grate if I can find one

3. Benro2211

Benro2211 Newbie

Reputations:
    You wouldn't be able to describe the locations of the chokes, vram and mosfets would you? Are all of those under the GPU heatsink?

4. IvanPetrov

IvanPetrov Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    New GE75 9SG RTX 2080 , stock , Comfort/Auto@Dragon Center, Balanced@Windows power management.
    Battlefield V ultra DXR, resolution 100%, GPU temp 80-82C, sometimes 83C.
    Is it ok (for the stock)?

Have heard, that the maximum for 2080 is 88C, and after that it turns into the fried pumpkin.
    Seems to me, that the interval between 83 and 88 is too small, and can be passed accidentally and unnoticed. Especially, when overlay is disabled.

5. greninga

greninga Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Damn I ordered cl16 3200mhz 1,35volt and he send me cl18 3200mhz 1,20 volt.i keep it?

6. greninga

greninga Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I thing it's a little bit high that temps for ur gpu.but I thinking u have this temps cause ur cpu hit 95+ what temp ur cpu?

7. greninga

greninga Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well I keep that rams (cl18 3200mhz 32 gb). strange at xmp2 has auto set 2400 mhz and at xmp1 3200mhz ..also strange when I choose xmp1 (3200 mhz) has blue screen.needed uncore +125 and all works fine. Seanwee u was right I got + 5 cpu temp from 78 now peak 85 sometimes.ofc the games got frames boost.also guys I added xg32vq asus external monitor 1440p.damn its awesome and the laptop and nvidia works so good with it..hiden new nvidia panel showed me with so many settings gsync and more.the picture of this monitor it's so clean and colorful..the ge75 with rtx 2080 now show his teeths... I keep playing at this laptop till I burn it.then I will build a desktop with rtx 3080 maybe.but for now desktop have nothing to give me more than my laptop. ( only low temps)really beast.

seanwee likes this.
  8. Benro2211

Benro2211 Newbie

Reputations:
    Just got the computer today! Is there a video or something that shows how to do some of these? Like uninstalling the bloatware and overprovisioning storage?

9. Jalen9762

Jalen9762 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If anyone is interested I am trying to sell my laptop GE 75 it has 2080 i7 8750h I'm looking to buy a desktop setup if anyone interested PM me

Sent from my LM-V510N using Tapatalk

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  10. IvanPetrov

IvanPetrov Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, in BFV the CPU is really around 95C+. And the GPU is mostly around 80-81C, and rarely 82-83C.
    But, in Metro 2033 (non-Redux, without DXR, very high preset+DX11 effects) the CPU is around 80C, and the GPU is still hot - around 79-80, and rarely 81.