*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Bck000

Bck000 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, I picked up the deal Walmart has going on for the GE75. Should get it tomorrow. I was thinking of adding another 1tb m.2 Ssd. Not sure if I’ll get the Samsung 970 or something a little cheaper. Use the 2 ssd’s for video editing files and gaming. While keeping the hdd for file storage.

How much of a difference would replacing the ram to 2 16gb sticks get me in gaming FPS and 4K/1080p video rendering? If there is a good Black Friday deal on Ram I was thinking of getting some. If it is not that big of a difference then I will hold off for awhile. If it is, what would you recommend? Need something cheaper.
    Thanks

2. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Why would regular ass SSDs have compatibility issues?

Why do you trust random MSI customer service people to know anything?

Why are you looking at the WB Blue when 2TB NVMe like the Sabrent Rocket are a few dollars more?

seanwee likes this.
  3. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If the ram is advertised as 3200 cl16, that means that's the speed it will run with the xmp profile. Ram voltage is also saved in the xmp profile.

I'm not sure if you need to do anything on the GE75 to make it run the xmp profile though. Most motherboards will also apply the xmp profile but some will need you to choose xmp manually.

The ram can be overclocked higher than the xmp profile for extra performance if you're willing to spend a little time testing how high it can overclock.

I normally increase voltage to 1.35v first, then see how high the ram speed can go before its unstable. Then, I try loosening the timings. If that doesn't work, go back to the last stable clock and tighten the timings. Once that's stable, see if the voltage can be dialed down. And after everything is done, start tightening the secondary timings.

4. martin778

martin778 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    XMP means - you have to select the XMP memory profile (in this case 3200 CL16) in BIOS, hit F10 to save and hope it works. If not, increase DRAM/Uncore voltage. After enabling XMP it might take ~30 seconds for the laptop to POST.

If it works just by enabling XMP and is stable, don't tinker with voltages.
    And for the record - XMP in the GE75 in hidden in the BIOS, you have to press the key combination.

5. greninga

greninga Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well at bios I can choose only default or custom.i see up has XMP P1 near default and custom but bellow there u change profile hasn't xmp. Need add the memory first?

6. N2ishun

N2ishun Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'll assume english isn't your first language.

Go into bios
    hold down left ALT
    at same time hold down right CTRL
    at same time hold down right SHIFT
    at same time hit F2

Presto, hidden bios options.

7. greninga

Reputations:
    Yea it's hard for me to talk english.
    I am at hide bios options but there has only change default or custom.cause I am with stock rams or need something to enable? I afraid to buy new rams if cant run 3200 and need overclocking it. At this panel also say information for XMP Profile 1 and say all 0.but just information.i cant see anywhere to choose xmp..just custom and default

8. Kilador

Kilador Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've got those: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Imp...HyperX+Impact+32gb+2666&qid=1574900138&sr=8-1

I enabled the XMP profile in the BIOS and it never did anything. The maximum ram speed reported was always 2666Mhz (even while gaming heavily)

9. greninga

Reputations:
  10. greninga

Reputations: