*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Nov 12, 2018.

1. greninga

greninga Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I dont know to overclock the ram and how much overclock.i know to go at overclock menu at bios.but at memory has only 133 and 100mhz.

Edit: But video show 2133mhz ram.we have 2660?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  2. martin778

martin778 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    GRID 2019 is so far the heaviest game I can test.

3. G46VW

G46VW Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    the 2060 GPU only has a max of 80 watts while the 2070 can reach 150 watts, their is a significant difference in performance any way you look at it. I have the max-q version of the 2070 and it reaches 97 watts max in XTU, even that has significantly more power then the 2060.

The only reason to get a 2060 is if the deal is to good to pass up and you already have a decent gpu in something else. Its all about the wattage.

4. awsan

awsan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  5. Peterdoubt

Peterdoubt Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the input but I just got it delivered. I might find a 2070 in a similarly outfitted laptop on BF, but I don't expect it. I'm new to gaming computers so I'm learning about tweaking. My main use is for VR. I have another machine for music production but I expect that I'll do some of that on this, too. If anyone has any tips or a good source of info on setting up a gaming machine, I'm all ears , er, eyes...

6. katates

katates Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Guys have anyone tried

WD Blue 3D NAND 2TB Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, M.2 2280, Up to 560 MB/s - WDS200T2B0B
    SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to 560 MB/s - SDSSDH3-2T00-G25

one of these? I am asking the MSI support center but they keep saying there might compatability issues.

7. greninga

Reputations:
  8. greninga

Reputations:
    Edit: damn man just wow! From 2666 to 2933 and I got +10 frames at far cry!lol help me to go at 3200

awsan likes this.
  9. greninga

Reputations:
    Edit: ok I higher the trfc and now run 3200.damn its awesome I cant believe it. At anthem and far cry that 2 i tried. That games had problem and now run so good.anthem from 70 frames at opens area now hit 90 100. And far cry +15 max frames.dont know this if will be stable but maybe I try buy a new ram sticks at 3200? I things somehow helps the cpu at heavy cpu games.

Again edit: at last +10 15 frames and gpu usage 95-99% at apex legends when u are at air plane before land.there can see all the map.i am suprise cause I watched video on youtube and 2666 vs 3200 has so small difference about 3 -5 frames to all games.wtf.
    The cons is I thing have a little bit higher temps at cpu.before max was 80c and now sometimes hit 84 85 peak.
    The big question is.. if u buy stock 3200 rams u will have that little higher temps? And same perfomance like that stock overclocked?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    awsan likes this.
  10. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Haha told you to give it a try. The desktop benchmarks you see have a much smaller difference because they are already running at cl15 whereas on laptops ram typically runs at a very slow cl19.

Getting better sticks will help you get higher clocks. Temps will depend on what voltage you run them at. It's safe to run the ram up to 1.35v. Above that you might want to put thermal pads on the ram so that they can transfer some of the heat to the chassis.