*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. awsan

awsan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Double post

2. Peterdoubt

Peterdoubt Newbie

Reputations:
    @awsan this is an excellent deal, but I just purchased the 2060 version of this from Costco - starting tomorrow it's on sale for $1199.00, $200 off. I wanted the 2070, but the value was better for me. I get an extra years warranty and by using the member's Visa card I get 2 more years and I get the Costco concierge tech support. Also 3 month no question return in case I find a better deal.
    New to the forum and will be searching for tips on setup. If any one has links or ideas, I'm open. Thanks in advance. The lappie arrives today ( Going to have Costco price adjust tomorrow, per their suggestion).

awsan likes this.
  3. Sfera

Sfera Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes.
    To enable TPM 2.0 module on MSI GE75 Raider 9SG (i think 9Sx and 8Sx too):
    0. Boot to BIOS
    1. Unlock BIOS hidden menus: hold Right Shift + Right Ctrl + Left Alt and then press F2
    2. Go to Security tab -> Trusted Computing -> Security Device Support -> select Enable
    3. Check Intel PTT state: Advanced tab -> PCH-FW Configuration -> PTT Configuration -> TPM Device Selection -> PTT (dTPM option not tested by me)
    4. Save and Reboot to Windows
    5. Check Device Manager: now you should see Security devices section with Trusted Platform Module 2.0

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    IvanPetrov likes this.
  4. IvanPetrov

IvanPetrov Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    According to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028713/windows-10-turn-on-device-encryption , Win 10 Home may be able to do a device ecnryption, instead of turning on BitLocker.

Though, I also don't have that option in my Win 10 Home@MSI GE75 Raider 9SG, to turn on device encryption. And in PowerShell, the get-tpm command returns "Not found". And I can't see any TPM-related options in BIOS.

MSI support says, they do not ship TPM-able Raiders to Russia (this is where I live), because our KGB prohibits import of "uncertified" encryption hardware (read this as "encryption hardware that they can't hack").

So, I'm just wondering, if Raiders in other countries have TPM enabled.

5. greninga

greninga Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Welcome , undervolt with throttlestop and enjoy it. For 1080p it's very nice the rtx 2060 too. Rtx 2070 and 2080 shows the power at bigger resolutions. Also it's good u make advance fan speed at dragon center for gaming like 30 45 55 70 85 100.or something like this

6. Peterdoubt

Peterdoubt Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks so much, @greninga - I'm new to gaming but not to computers by any stretch. It will take a while for me to get up to speed on GPUs management, etc. I hope I don't overheat in the process ; ) . My background is in music production. I purchased this laptop so I can use the Oculus Quest Link to access PCVR games and experiences. I do intend to dL some 2d games too. I have a lot to learn about both the settings and the tools I need. I'm very glad to find this community!

(Edit : Got the Throttlestop video mentioned early in thread. I'll look into “advance fan speed” settings when I finally open this baby up. I had to let it acclimate in temp, it was freezing when it arrived.)

7. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I haven't updated because of stability regressions on the newer drivers. I'm basing this off RodroG's driver benchmarks, you can find him on reddit. I've no need for the new game optimisations as well so I've stayed at 436.51

The modified drivers remove all nvidia's telemetry and bloat. And extreme G is an inf tweak that optimises several settings for better in game stability/performance.

8. greninga

greninga Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Damn that 8750 got high bottleneck from rtx 2080 at some unoptimize games.just the half power GPU works.just that unoptimize games like far cry need 5ghz CPU.only the 2 core its maxed,the others sleep.really bad optimize.the division 2 works nice GPU solid there

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  9. N2ishun

N2ishun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    About the TPM module.
    I think it's in all of the msi 17" G models. TPM.jpg

10. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's not right, I get 99% gpu usage when running the far cry 5 benchmark.

There is some bottleneck on far cry new dawn however as on desktop, they should get similar fps with the same gpu but i get 10-20 fps less going from fc5 to fc nd.