*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. masterdarkside

masterdarkside Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Don´t waste time on LM, its brings alote trouble and only a few little ºC over a good thermalpaste, trust me, and besides, u need to reapply every 4/5 months at best. More expensive overall for not much improvemente besides the HIGH risk of damage ur motherboard.

I saw alote ppl fry his motherboard because of too much LM and its a very precise work.

For the VRAM u can use 1.0mm pads, thats what MSI reply to me today. They did recomend to not change the thermalgrasse to thermalpad but again I don´t believe that thermalgrass is better then thermalpad.

Even the CPU has some thermalpad and has no contact with the coolersink, so, bad job from MSI overall.
    Can´t figure out why they when for a damn thermalgrasse because thats a major issue in the ASUS world of the ROG ones... well go for a good thermalpaste, u can use the Grizzly or try the Coolermaster Maker (a good one too and in my case even better the Grizzly).

For the thermalpads, u can use 1.0mm = makes more contact and pressure overall.

greninga likes this.
  2. greninga

greninga Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Damn I have only 0,5 pads and if I order I need waiting many days.maybe I will use grizzly paste then to all.

One guy told me that he removed the back cover and saw very low temps.ok I think it's dangerous something like this but I have in my mind something like this.can modified exactly like this ...this have it from stock the new msi gt76.this with cooler pad will be awesome
    large.jpg

masterdarkside likes this.
  3. masterdarkside

Reputations:
    Yes u can. Its another way to fix it.

Sure a costum bottom panel for a better INTAKE would make alote more sense, I mean, I even tought about that too...
    But here I can´t get it, atleast not in my country. BUT if u can, damn, do it, because its worth.

The intake grill is tooooo small so the problem isnt the outake of hot air, is the intake from bottom that is very limited. On my GP is even worst then on GE series, again, its kinda sad, because I have mine connected to external monitor and I use external mouse and keyboard, the Laptop has a liftup about 6cm high from the ground, no problems there but again, intakes are so limited.

If I play outside home, I get alote higher temps because of the problem of the bottom, even if I lift the end side.
    I guess MSI isn´t evolving much in their cooling system at all.

Put u made a great point there, a great costum bottom may fix the solution!

4. greninga

greninga Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys it's the best think I did at my laptop.do it for.best performance and temps.buy from ebay a bottom cover for ge75 raider and cut it like gt76 titan cover.works best with cooler pads.its damn amazing. When u turn on the cooler pad ur temp drop around 5c-6c.I have max cpu temp after 2 hrs gaming 80 max.check the video

etrock and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  5. masterdarkside

Reputations:
    Anyone can share their RTX 2070 Laptop overclock settings?

Like costume, curved or any settings is welcome to compare to mine!

Thanks!

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  6. Valiran

Valiran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can you share a pic of your cut? I've ordered a bottom panel from aliexpress and cut a hole under the CPU and GPU, but I you can share, that would be great :)

And by the way, for those who want to order a second bottom panel, the one for GE75-8 work (17E1) for GE75-9 (17E2), they are exactly the same part.

7. Acop

Acop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    can you link the bottom panel from aliexpress? cant seem to find it

on another note my unit just came back from cleaning and repasting from an MSI service center and temps are really good better than when i had gelid gc extreme,, the guy said they use a new better paste than the ones that come from when you buy the laptop.

comparison: the outer worlds game ULTRA/motion blur 0 (clocks 3.8ghz rtx 2070, UV -153mv, fans - auto,1inch lift from table via stand)
    old
    cpu 83
    gpu 80

new
    cpu 73
    gpu 70

i was suprised by this hahaha

8. Valiran

Reputations:
  9. Acop

Acop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  10. Valiran

Reputations:
    Not before friday, but I only cut a rectangular shapped hole on the GPU/CPU zone.