*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. katates

katates Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did undervolt -127 core, -145 cache. I also did the repasting 3 months ago and it was still the same. How could repaste go wrong? Btw RTX 2080 does not go above 80 celcius, same paste.

2. bryneb

bryneb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Could be too thick/thin, hsf may not be sitting flush, some debris may have got trapped. Few things could cause it. I'm assuming you never saw any temp drops after you repasted? From your graph looks like you are hitting 100, that leads me to believe there is something physically going on and first thing I'd do is check the paste.

Also, you may want to look at the bios tweaks that are in this thread and limiting your max boost speed.

3. katates

katates Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Boost speed is limited for 6 cores @3.7 Ghz so thats not a problem. I am guessing i did the repaste twice so I think its unlikely to I fail to do them correctly? I don't want to spend 30$ for K5 and Kyronaut if the same thing is going to happen and RTX is doing okay at 80 celcius on max even CPU idles at 47 celcius. What is your ambient temperature maybe thats the case? Because mine is 27 celcius.

4. bryneb

bryneb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Was around 23C

5. Valiran

Valiran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello all!

Does anybody can tell what thickness of thermal pads we need and where to put each different thickness?

6. trias10

trias10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if there is any pattern to which variants of the GE75 come with the inferior AUO panel? Is it only certain variants of the GE75 which have the AUO or only GE75s sold in certain regions?

For example, does anyone know if the GE75 9SG sold in the USA ever comes with the AUO panel or does this variant+region always comes with the better Chi Mei panel?

7. blacklupus

blacklupus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Bought mine through the official MSI Shop in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and they told me that they only get the models with AUO panels. So might be dependant on the region.

8. MrBeer

MrBeer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there a program that unlocks voltage adjustment for the Nvidia card I see that afterburner won't allow me to change it.

9. Hosom

Hosom Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Dragon center: keep it or uninstall? Do it interferes with XTU?

How to regulate Fans speed if i don't have dragon center? what about other settings?

10. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I installed dragon center but do not normally run it, I only run it to enable the USB lights. I haven't used XTU since Throttlestop came out but I would guess that yes dragon center does not play well with XTU or TS. Seems like it can mess with clocks and/or undervolt and other settings.

I use the max fan button of course, but also have the MSI silent option fan software (think it was an old version posted somewhere on here) and it works great. I have mine tweaked to run nearly silent when not doing much and ramp up fast to the max when it heats up.