*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Definitely go for the 2080 model if you can since you're already going for the i9 9880h.

As for getting it from HIDevolution, warranty claims may be a little more troublesome compared to getting from a local store.

2. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You mean the bottom panel? Just dont force it and you should be fine.

3. Valiran

Valiran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No.
    When you remove the bottom panel, you have to remove a little piece of sh... plastic that go from under the screen to the rear of the laptop.
    This part is firmly connected to the computer with a hon plastic hooks that easily breaks if you don’t use the right way to remove the plate.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

4. Ninecry

Ninecry Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You don't have to remove that piece of plastic to open the bottom plastic cover to have access for repasting. Unless you really want to disassemble everything in the ge75

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  5. Acop

Acop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi anyone know or has the file for the very 1st audio driver for ge75 8sf i think that version sounded best... i just noticed after recent updates sound levels are getting softer and softer

6. Hosom

Hosom Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Troublesome? They refuse them?

Yeah i would try to go for the 2080 model. Let's hope liquid metal is enough

7. Valiran

Valiran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I only need to slide a guitar pick (slimmest) between this part and the bottom and voila?
    My friend gotta be upset :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

8. Vingard

Vingard Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If getting the i9 (particularly in a relatively slim chassis such as the GE75), do yourself a huge favor and opt for the repaste and upgraded thermal pads from HID.

Hosom likes this.
  9. awsan

awsan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey, if you can wait for like 6 hours I will be able to give you a full run down on how I achieved the best sound (quality/volume) after some trial and error.

10. awsan

awsan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

These are the first two tries to fix what you are facing and it worked perfectly for me, but then thanks to @seanwee he shared this driver with me ( http://trickstertech.blogspot.com/2016/12/how-to-install-dolby-digital-audio-on.html?m=1 ) and choose the theater v4, but two things to take into consideration in the guide it says it will change to a dolby device in the device manager but it didnt for me and the mic will get ruined so what you need to do is go and change the default format to the lowest 16 bit 44100hz and then change it back to 24bit 48000hz and it will fix it and it will work perfectly.

The dolby driver is very clear and very very loud in the headphone jack and the speakers seem to be as good as the first driver which is a win win situation.