*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Kilador

Kilador Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you try different headphones?

If so, try uninstalling all the audio software and let windows update install the realtek driver and software... It didn't give me any problems so far.

2. blacklupus

blacklupus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

I went with Kryonaut for CPU and GPU and Mastergel for the rest. Tried Thermal pads first but turned out you need very specific ones and the spacing is different from side to side.

Just be careful with the I/O Connectors when removing the back panel and take it slow.
    You don't need to apply much pressure anywhere. So when you feel stuck you most likely forgot something.

Ninecry likes this.
  3. Ninecry

Ninecry Newbie

Reputations:
    Cool

Sorry, I mean the part near the exhaust. Been looking through videos and no one recorded that part [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    sush33king likes this.
  4. blacklupus

Reputations:
    In the second video he mentions that you have to take the plastic cover off first.

I think its just clipped on, but not sure anymore.

Instead of a guitar pick I just used a credit card and started on a corner on the front.
    If you push the prying tool inwards too hard you will break those plastic clips. So just slide it across the sides until they come loose on their own.

The only downside in breaking them is that they could get stuck inside the case.

Ninecry likes this.
  5. katates

katates Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Did you cleaned the thermal pads then applied mastergel in there?

6. blacklupus

Reputations:
    Yes. Removed the thermal pads and cleaned everything with Isopropyl Alcohol.

On my model there were only pads on the GPU capacitors. The rest was this factory goo paste.

7. sush33king

sush33king Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah,.. its too high... and uneven.... ideally you should follow the numbers etched on the cooling module... which was what the BobOfAllTrades video above was adhering to, i think... just make sure the tightness of the CPU and GPU mounts are even, easier said than done. Min 2 rotations on each mount to achieve desired tightness. The triangular mount design has received its fair share of criticism. Don't be discouraged, its normal to try a few times to get it right, even for experts. Even HIDEvolution has messed up in this department, but they are more than willing to fix it promptly. Please do keep me updated....

See video below @ 3 min 24s. Even the pros doing this task, like a hundred times a day can mess up. Perfect example would be MSI :p

Edit:
    This is the recommended paste for GPU Ram etc.... I picked this tip up from this forum... not too sure how it will differ from paste such as kryonaut

https://www.amazon.com/viscous-thermal-replacement-60g-Aspire/dp/B00K04D3UK

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Ninecry likes this.
  8. Ninecry

Ninecry Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh yeah,
    Just one more thing. Which do you guys recommend better for these thing, is it grizzly Kryonaut or with Mastergel Maker Nano? Usually moving it around twice a day, cause It'll be my daily drive to do work and game with

Going to repaste it soon cause its reaching 90°C while playing some heavy games at a room temperature around 23-25°C

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  9. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Use whichever you have or whichever is cheaper. They perform the same in my testing.

Ninecry likes this.
  10. Rycorlin

Rycorlin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What is your laptop sitting on? :D