*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Manchops

Manchops Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello all, so it just arrived!!! GE75 9SF :D Thanks all @GenTechPC for their great support!

Still setting everything up, so far so good, but a couple of quick questions,

1: Where do I download Silent Option? The only place I seem to find is a forum post for beta back in 2016, or some dodgy looking software download portal?
    2: HWInfo is only recognizing my Intel onboard graphics (see screenshot), however on the sensors it shows my RTX 2070 with a temp of 0C? Is this because of optimus?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

GenTechPC likes this.
  2. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    1. Yes, silent option is an old piece of software. It still works well though so that's all that matters :p

2. There is a tab in the gpu section that allows you to select gpu #0 (intel) and gpu #1 (nvidia). Its right under the Intel igpu picture.

And yes, optimus is causing the sensors to report 0°C as the gpu is turned off

Manchops likes this.
  3. Manchops

Reputations:
    Thanks! I can't believe I didn't see that drop down under the igpu picture... long day...

4. sush33king

sush33king Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    if its orange or red it means that your GPU is being used. If it is blue the iGPU - intel GPU is being used. This is optimus. As for the battery, it is done intentionally to avoid overcharging which reduces battery life.....

5. zendik

zendik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Afterburner also causes the dGPU to wake continuously and will keep the light orange and impact battery life considerably.

Edit: stupidly relied to wrong person. Sorry.

6. katates

katates Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, i have RTX2080 version, is it possible to use 1x mini DP to 2x DP cable? I want freesync on my monitor and I also have Oculus Rift S so I need 2 DP ports

7. Kilador

Kilador Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey there!

Im gonna buy this laptop 8SF version (i8750 & 2070) but i'm a bit confused as there are 2 versions of it:

The 8SF-031 which has 512GB SSD
    The 8SF-032 which has a 256GB SSD but is 100€ more expensive (the rest of the specs are the same)

I asked the vendor why the price difference when the SSD is half the size and he responded that the 032 version is more expensive because it has "some component(s) updated" over the 031 version that is not specified in the spec sheet.

Has anyone any idea what components could have been updated in the 032 version and if it's worth going for it even tho it's 100€ more expensive and has half the SSD size?

Many thanks in advance!

Best,
    C

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  8. Manchops

Reputations:
    Hey all,

So far so good with the 9SF, max temps under extreme loads are like 80C on the CPU and 75C on the GPU using almost on-existent fan speeds / noise, when max fans are applied everything drops way down (10 - 15C), loving this laptop so far, thanks again to all @GenTechPC for the great work and support!

All I have done is a -150mV on the cache and core, as well as a -30mV on the iGPU, as well as an OC scanner OC on the GPU via afterburner (I think it gave it around +167MHz on the clock) and I put a +800MHz on the memory.

R15 gave it around 1200 and timespy gave it around 7.5k combined, I know people have pushed way more but I'm content with it thus far, and honestly can't be bothered pushing the extremes.

I do have a rather annoying issue though... does anyone else have an issue with NVidia control panel not showing the resolution and refresh rate options (screenshot attached of the options I do have), would this be due to optimus?
    It also seems to be affecting CoD Black Ops 4, I can select 144Hz refresh rate in the options (and yes full screen is selected) but it will not apply, it keeps reverting back to 60Hz...

Anyone else getting this, and any known fix?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    GenTechPC likes this.
  9. blacklupus

blacklupus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  10. Manchops

Reputations:
    So I guess I'm being ignorant here, but I should still be using a 4 month old MSI website driver over the latest drivers from the NV website?

Thanks.