*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Brian umphrey

Brian umphrey Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there a "easy" way to change the msi logo color on the top of the laptop lid.

2. katates

katates Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Dual 2x8
    I will try this tomorrow, i used DDU same again, gpu usage is at %70 while cpu runs at 95*C ( 30C room) Timespy is 9200 but fps is not sufficient i guess, also cpu at most 85C in timespy

3. Thousand

Thousand Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello!

I have a question. I should get my Msi Ge75 8SF (i7 8750h and RTX 2070) this next week.

Should i update the bios and EC? Is there much difference?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  4. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    8 cores and a RTX 2080! Come on in!!

thefatapple, Airn23, Porter and 2 others like this.
  5. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Airn23 likes this.
  6. awsan

awsan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey everyone I just bought a GE75-9sf 2 weeks ago(From HID, Thanks bob) and I have been loving it so far, This machine is amazing been tinkering with the clocks and have settled on 1680 @ 0.775 and +1000 on memory which sounds amazing(But i am not sure what is the usual curve) although my CPU wont even boot on anything under -50mv.
    Heaven scored 2800 with 113 fps min of 38 and max of 229, temps wont reach the 80 when gaming (Bf5 and R6S) and Dota 2 wont go above low 60s, Using cooler boost as I game in a noisy environment and wear headphones regardless.

Coming from a 5ghz 6700k and a 2ghz 1070 this machine surprised me (Although the audio card is a little quite for my liking)

B0B likes this.
  7. Bizness80

Bizness80 Newbie

Reputations:
    Relatively casual gamer here, about to pull the trigger on a GE75 8RE (the 1060 version) this weekend and have two more questions before I do so...

1. The Taiwan version I am looking at has a 5400rpm HDD instead of 7200rpm. Will that cause any noticeable issues?

2. Is there any other gaming laptop you would consider at the $1400-1500 price point? This is a desktop replacement since I'm moving back to the US at some point. The main things I care about are reasonable power (can play new and upcoming rpg's on medium settings at least) a decent screen and good cooling (I want to use it for at least 5 years). The GE75 seems to have the best build and cooling at this price point but I'm open to being proven wrong...

8. L33i

L33i Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    After receiving my initial GE75 - 9SF, ran into various problems. Returned for an exchange and got the exchange unit yesterday. So far, zero complaints. Ken from GenTech took good care of me. Only complaint is usually things take longer to get shipped out than promised but I cannot complain about the service as its really good. Ken - Please add rush order option on the site for those who are willing to pay extra.

Now to one nuisance - has anyone got to the bottom of this killer LAN WHEA errors stuff? The killer WLAN works fine but once I plug in the RJ45, I get flooded with WHEA errors. Not that its causing any issues in windows but I find it mildly weird that it occurs. At least its a relief that many others are having this issue without long term consequences but would like to get a solution to this issue. Is there a solution to this?

Failwyn likes this.
  9. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    in the run dialogue box, type services.msc

then disable the Killer Networking Service and right underneath it, also disable the Killer Bandwidth Control service..

Then type X to jump down to the bottom of the list, then disable the to Xtend services and reboot

10. L33i

L33i Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you. Once I'm home from work, will update on the results.