*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Porter

Porter Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    To add to this, I did like gsync back when I was struggling just to maintain near 60 fps, now while still connected to the same external gsync panel I do not even use gsync at all. I don't see a point at 100+ fps personally, so I don't miss it.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's only a deal breaker if you game all the time, investment does not pays itself off if you don't utilize it. :)

3. Jalen9762

Jalen9762 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is there a way to turn on the red usb led without having dragon center installed?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

4. Doc Fox

Doc Fox Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Install it once, set your computer up as you like, and your settings should stick. You can the uninstall dragon center or just stop it from running at startup.

5. Jalen9762

Reputations:
    Thanks

Doc Fox likes this.
  6. Porter

Porter Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Do you know if there are any background services or anything else that could stop throttlestop from having proper voltage control?

I remember always fighting the Clevo Control Center even if it wasn't running due to those background services running. So I learned to live without it and never install it.

7. Doc Fox

Doc Fox Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @Porter

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/dragon-center-2-0-what-is-the-problem.828561/

So when I enquired about this, no one actually acused dragon center of messing with your voltage controls. Only change it supposedly does is change your bios settings for CPU current delivery which doesnt actually do much to detriment your performance. It seems it cant really definetively be said that Dragon center actually slows your computer in any way.

However if you wanted to do custom voltage curves for your GPU in afterburner, you cant have dragon center running as it takes control of your GPU settings. Frankly if not for this one thing I would love to have it installed.

As far as disabling services etc, I believe Dragon center runs via task scheduler, which you can disable, you can also install autoruns, and disable anything named dragon center. Also check under your Settings app ---> Apps ---> Startup and disable it there if it is there. This should do it.

8. thefatapple

thefatapple Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Has anyone updated to 1903? Did Truecolor stop working for anyone else?

9. Jalen9762

Reputations:
    I installed dragon center but it won't open is there a fix to this?

10. katates

katates Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have been using G-Sync monitor over a 2 year, the first thing I noticed when I playing a game on the laptop was definitely G-Sync (if you are playing with RTX, otherwise you would not get instant fps drops imo)

BTW, Guys i am using MSI's pre-installed Windows and explorer.exe is using too much power. Is there any hot fix for this? (No virus, malware etc.)