*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Nov 12, 2018.

1. L33i

L33i Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Will do. I plan to run regualr CPU benchmarks first and then get to tweaking and undervolting to get more performance. Im hoping intel binned these nicely so they dont throttle all the time with 30x multiplier on all cores. Maybe MSI upgraded the CPU heatsink...

2. jks87

jks87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Nice!

Im am getting either another go at the m51 (risky) or 2080 and the 8 core. Its tempting and so cool in a laptop! Uness it thrttes

3. L33i

L33i Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Based on what we had between kaby lake 4 cores and coffee lake 6 cores, i expect atleast 200mhz decrease across all cores during sustained load on the 8 core. I hope im wrong and its on par with the 6 core but highly unlikely. Im hoping these 8 cores are binned very well thus we can undervolt them nicely to gain back thermal headroom...

Was thinking getting the 2080 but the gains arent worth the price hike... Besides still a 1080 panel MSI get your stuff together and stuff a 1440 panel in this laptop already.

4. jks87

jks87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

I see what you mean but I use it for specific 3D work jobs where I render from GPU to an external drive, then render video through the CPU. I dont game much and when I do its connected to a 4K monitor anyway :D

5. Airn23

Airn23 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered from HIDEvolution and went with the 9880H and the 2080 So will be able to report back once I receive mine to see differences. I am going to be using mine primarily for work too and rendering video, etc. I opted for the Liquid Metal with HID since they warranty the process as well. This thing is going to be a monster with the 9880H, GTX 2080 32GB RAM and 1TB NVME. I went all in on this since I upgrade once every 4+ years.

6. katates

katates Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is 95Celcius for CPU normal when playing game? Should i buy a thermal paste

7. Airn23

Airn23 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What monitor are you using? That is my next purchase ;)

8. L33i

L33i Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah. Ive been told stock thermal paste is junk. Though i'd think twice with liquid metal. Aside from the risk it rolling off and getting inside the PCB causing a short, liquid metal tends to fuse with copper when left for long perios of time. Since MSI heatsinks are not nickel plated and are direct copper exposed, the risk of it fusing is pretty high.

9. Avé César

Avé César Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello guys,
    According to this answer on askwoody about windows update here : https://www.askwoody.com/forums/topic/may-2019-patch-tuesday-arrives/#post-1625743
    AND this post then : https://mdsattacks.com/ ( All intel CPU are vulnerable apprently...)

I would like to know if changing , disable, the Hyperthreading in the bios is recommended ?

i got an MSI GE73 8rf but couldn't find some info on the forum about the hyperthreading (enable/disable). I just saw a video recommend to disable it , to got better performance while gaming, and according to the ''MDS" vulnerability posted ....

Any thought, help, would be appreciate, thx. ( All intel CPU are vulnerable apprently...)

10. L33i

L33i Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    People overblow these vulrabilities. The attacker would need local access to your system and a version of windows thats not updated to exploit it. I would not worry about this and continue as usual. Wait for a new BIOS update with the updated microcode.