*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Nov 12, 2018.

1. bryneb

bryneb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's a good machine, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine.

I'm curious how the 9570 compares to the 8750 in this model.

2. bryneb

Reputations:

I'm not sure what it was, had kind of a gum consistency. Anyways, I removed it and used Gelid Extreme. I'd apply some, dry fit the fan assembly to make sure it was making contact then applied to the CPU and GPU. Haven't had any issues and temps are very decent.

3. y590

y590 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Generally most TIM pastes wont be thick enough to make contact. You can use a viscous thermal paste like K5 Pro or use thermal pads. You should probably take it back apart and use one of those.

4. bryneb

Reputations:
    It is making contact.

5. shaka_re

shaka_re Newbie

Reputations:
    For everyone who consider to repaste the GE75 ,a few important informations:

The manufacturing tolerance of the cooling system is absolutely horrific and cost me a lot of time.
    It is nearly impossible to go the thermal pad way... On one side you have a distance of 1.5mm , on the other side just 0.5mm and on the third side you have 0,7mm.

There is just one way like mentioned in the forum before, and this is the K5 Pro way.
    Do NOT try to put high end thermal paste around the GPU, like on the Vram and VRM. I know it is not conductive, but i tried and almost broke this f..... laptop.
    The consequence was dissassambling 4 times and cleaning it with alcohol a few hours. It seems like high end paste is indeed "a little bit" conductive.

Besides that, this Laptop is a freaking cooling monster.
    Repasting the CPU and GPU with Cooler Master Mastergel Maker brings a huge improvement.

I Undervolt it -140mv on Cpu, overclock the Ram to 2933, overclock the GPU +200 Mhz and the Vram +400.
    Temperatures are great - tested on BF5 on an external 1440p gsync monitor with RTX on and DLSS off.

Cpu constantly @3.9Ghz - between 77 and 84° C
    Gpu maxed out at 71-72° C

Just a quick info to save you a lot of time and anger.

thefatapple likes this.
  6. awsan

awsan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello everyone can anybody confirm the ram model and SSD model on the GE75 9sf raider 286 please?

Thanks

7. gkfisher

gkfisher Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info. Did you find that overclocking RAM resulted in better performance? I'm also surprised you got +200 on GPU. Was that stable? Which chip do you have? Seems most have been closer to +120, maybe +150. It's not a temp thing but stability of the chip.

8. shaka_re

shaka_re Newbie

Reputations:
    Overclocking the Ram only make a difference if you are not in the GPU limit - i think it is not really necessary.
    +200 on Gpu side was stable for about give or take 1 hour of BF5. The thing is i dont know if it is holding the frequency constantly, because i am hitting the tdp for almost all the time.
    Yesterday I did not have enough time to test it.
    Frequency is going from about 1770 to the high 19xx Mhz.

Which GPU it is i also dont know - have to check that

Edit: i thought you mean if it is a A or B chip....
    It is the 8SF - so RTX2070

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  9. L33i

L33i Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Im finnaly about to receive my GE75 tomorrow with a 9880H and 2070. Im actually excited, 8 cores in a laptop thats not the size of a small briefcase. Wondering how it'll perform. Got it from gentech with paste and thermal pads upgrade...

10. jks87

jks87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh!

Please post CPU performance! Im considering this for work because my alienware BURNED. So looking for a stabile alternative