*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Failwyn

Failwyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I use mine with the lid shut; I have 1 Mini Display Port to standard Display Port Cable, and one HDMI to Display Port Cable (tricky purchase as they are all one way converters) https://www.google.com/search?q=FOI...rome..69i57.9176j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2. thefatapple

thefatapple Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Porter likes this.
  3. Ananassi

Ananassi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have been using external audio interface with the laptop so far, but today I tried mixing using the headphone jack. The audio is terribly compressed and bassboosted. I have removed nahimic and disabled everything possible in realtek audio console. Audio is still compressed. My bet is it is because of the ****ty MSI realtek audio console. Has anyone uninstalled that and using older realtek version for better results? Or is there something else I am missing. I am doing plenty of audio engineering work and it pisses the hell outta me that this laptop has some kind of compression added to the headphone output jacks signal no matter what I do.

4. Failwyn

Failwyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don’t see any temperature difference.

thefatapple likes this.
  5. spudman2080

spudman2080 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    my buddy just got his ge75 2080 but hes noticed 4-5 dead pixels in the screen, super tiny and hard to notice but they are there none the less.... did anyone here see any dead pixels in their screens yet? should 1-4/5 dead pixels be something to worry about?

6. Quokka

Quokka Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It all depends on where they are on the screen, and if they are clustered. My GT80 had one dead pixel in the top left, about 1cm down from the top of the screen. I did not notice it for the first 2 months, then for a few weeks it was the only thing I could see, then after that I simply forgot about it.

If its a brand new laptop and it bothers him that much he should be able to return it with the initial period (usually 15-30 days depending on the country, and if it was bought instore or remotely - over the internet).

7. katates

katates Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I ordered 8SG today will be switching from 1080Ti desktop. What are your suggestions for thermal throttling? Can you suggest me a thermal paste? And what else to do before using it

8. otto_kahn

otto_kahn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I decided to buy an MSI GE75 Raider. I couldn't decide between the GS75 and GE75 but, I've seen it in the store today. There is no difference in thickness and weight. Although the GS model was idle, it was too hot.

I will use the computer for drawing, designing, analyzing and rendering. I have a few questions for you. Answers at an appropriate time, I would love to write your comments and ideas.

1) The computer will run under load for a long time (Render, meshing or analyzing) What about the CPU and graphics card temperature?

2) The programs I use recommend the Tesla and Quadro graphics cards. I've read that the render-taking capabilities of the RTX graphics cards are greatly improved compared to the previous generation.
    https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2070-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1080/4029vs3603 2070 vs 2080
    *Much faster multi rendering.
    +52%
    Are there any people who use video cards for this type of job?

Thank you.

Regards.

9. BavarianIceman

BavarianIceman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello who knows what that is for a PASTE on the V RAM. Can I use Mx4 there?

10. kleptomaniak668

kleptomaniak668 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    After doing a good of amount of research I decided to go for the Raider due to the fact that the thinner laptops get too hot and the max q cards are a mixed bag and not worth the money. I chose the MSI GE75 9SF Raider-286 with the i7-9750H and RTX 2070. I'm getting it from Hidevolution with two Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB ssds and the best thermal paste job they have.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.