*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. trias10

trias10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Awesome thanks!

Guess it's now just an agonising decision of [ RTX 2080, no gsync, no thunderbolt (GE75) ] vs [ RTX 2070, yes gsync, yes thunderbolt (PB71RF) ]

2. Jalen9762

Jalen9762 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If anyone is interested I have a brand new 280w spare charger for ge75 PM me if you are interested thanks.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

3. zendik

zendik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I just checked. There is a BIOS option to swap FN and Windows key.

4. trias10

trias10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Oh nice! Can you please test and see if it works properly? (Should swap the left side key) Would greatly appreciate it!

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Optimus cannot be disabled but if you use DP port with an external monitor then it is GPU-direct.

6. BavarianIceman

BavarianIceman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello people I want to install thermal pads in my geilerie. Has anyone already done that? And what thickness do I need for this?
    greetings from Bavaria

7. y590

y590 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Great review video. Can we bother you to run Cinebench R15 MultiCore in a loop? To see if the machine gets lower scores in subsequent tests and thermal throttles and settles into a lower average score? Thanks.

8. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thank you and I’d love to help with this but this was sent back since the review was complete

It will NOT thermal throttle the way it was setup. If it did then nearly everything else made wouldn’t stand a chance. This chassis especially with LM is superior to many.

Airn23 likes this.
  9. Quokka

Quokka Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone noticing slight coil whine, which is more noticeable when moving your mouse?

I seem to have some coil whine that I can hear when on the windows desktop and moving my mouse (just audible). Its louder with a wired usb mouse, and barely there when using a wireless USB mouse, but still just audible if you put your ear to the case.

No idea exactly which component it's coming from. I know it's not via the speakers.

Anything to worry about? And is there anything I can do to reduce / eliminate it?

I'm currently undervolting -0.100 on CPU and -0.30 on intel GPU. Could that be causing it? I've had the laptop 2 weeks and only noticed it last night. I really don't know if it's always been there but I've only noticed it just now, or if it's something that just started.

10. Airn23

Airn23 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Whats the best way to setup dual-monitors? I have 2 - 27 inch at work and want some advice on the best connections. I don't have my build yet. HIDEvolution is still customizing, but want to be all set when it arrives. Any cable / hub recommendations?