*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Quokka

Quokka Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you by any chance have a link for the correct Intel wifi drivers that will work with the GE75 8SG?

2. Doc Fox

Doc Fox Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=9560

you can also get any other drivers there if you just search with your hardware name/number.

also there is a thread somewhere on this forum about installing your intel drivers correctly, you can search for that. But essentially you want to thoroughly uninstall both the killer and the intel drivers that are currently installed, as well as the killer control center, before installing the new drivers.

3. Quokka

Reputations:
    Maybe a stupid question, but my laptop contains a killer network card, not an intel one (or is the chipset on the killer cards Intel, meaning these drivers are fine?)

4. B0B

B0B B.O.A.T.

Reputations:
    Feel free to add this to the OP or perhaps it should have its own place let me know :)

I've just finished up some more testing today to save for a future video as this gets send back today.

I have some extensive Handbrake testing at 45w and 55w compared to the 8750h with the same wattage and video render as well as a stock paste 9750h from another device.

fgribas and Porter like this.
  5. Doc Fox

Doc Fox Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It is not a stupid question. So the Killer 1550i is basically the intel 9560 wifi adapter with a killer brand sticker on it. You can use it with the intel drivers without issues.

You can happily install the intel bluetooth and wifi drivers.

Porter likes this.
  6. Quokka

Reputations:
    Cheers, and done. Seems better, but I'm still getting slowdowns and speed-ups when downloading from Steam. But the connection never drops (even when Steam has a moment where it says nothing is downloading I can still access the internet just fine). So I assume thats Steam. Although on a LAN cable, I don't seem to get these fluctuations. Got a new wireless router coming tomorrow, so lets see if that helps things.

On the plus side, that Killer crap is now off my laptop!

7. a63548

a63548 Newbie

Reputations:
    Awesome, thank you very much! I tried the drivers from here, and the audio is great now. :) Should be getting the extra RAM tomorrow, and will definitely check out the Windows power profile.

ryzeki likes this.
  8. Rycorlin

Rycorlin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Whats the lowest you guys undervolted after doing the bios mods? I'm down to -60 and I was only thinking I read people were going to -40 (I was only able to under -140 before) .. starting to wonder if it didnt save :D I should probably check that.

9. zendik

zendik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I’m currently at -110 after the BIOS tweaks. Been using it for two days that way, gaming, surfing the web, rock solid so far.

Apparently my CPU barely even needs electricity to work.

Gonna try -115 tomorrow.

Rycorlin likes this.
  10. Rycorlin

Rycorlin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I dont know if wasting a post on a laugh is proper etiquette.. but "Apparently my CPU barely even needs electricity to work" made me laugh pretty hard :D

Are your load lines set to 1? I did 5 as per the instructions but I see mention of 1 a lot...