*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Nov 12, 2018.

1. rtx

rtx Newbie

Reputations:
    interesting enough I have 0 errors while using wifi, my errors come when using the ethernet cable.

I think I will do one last clean windows 10 install from USB flash drive and see if the errors disappear using the lan_KillerEthernetSuite_2.0.1134_UWD_x64_9.0.0.49_0xd1bf3323

2. Quokka

Quokka Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you have the full killer control panel installed, or just the drivers, without the control panel (and is this file JUST the drivers?).

When I got my laptop last week, I updated the wifi drivers using this file for the MSI website:

WLAN_wl_KillerSuite_2.0.1134_UWD_x64_20.110.0.3_0xb66bf03f.zip

However when I try to install this file from MSI's website for LAN drivers:

LAN_lan_KillerEthernetSuite_2.0.1134_UWD_x64_9.0.0.49_0xd1bf3323.zip

The installer gives me an error that it cannot be installed together with the Killer suite I already have installed....

EDIT: Decided to uninstall the Killer suite software, then manually install the latest WLAN and LAN drivers via control panel, pointing to the files I download. Installed fine, with the right versions. Lets see how I get on.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  3. Failwyn

Failwyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have been trying to solve this issue myself, I contacted MSI and KillerNetworks, they both say to contact the other... Really annoying that you can't get any support to fix this!

4. Doc Fox

Doc Fox Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The way most users recommend to set up your drivers is to get only the intel drivers for wireless and bluetooth, get the killer LAN driver from the MSI support page, and not install the killer suite. This is probably not gonna change the errors issue.

If you are not getting speed or latency issues while using your ethernet port, you could also ignore the errors.

5. thefatapple

thefatapple Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  6. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    For the audio, you probably need to update your audio drivers and also install nahimic from the app store. Maybe that will help, check it out.

As for performance, yeah turns out that in some games, there is a large performance difference going from single channel to dual channel. I experienced the same, I had single 16GB RAM stick and even my max q RTX2080 was beung under utilized in most titles, some by 10% others by as much as 30%.

Also from a fresh windows install, I had to make a new power profile with max performance, otherwise I lost a tiny bit of CPU power.

custom90gt likes this.
  7. Quokka

Reputations:
    I've just checked, and I get exactly the same WHEA logger event ID 17 error, also only when running on a LAN cable. When I switch to wifi the error stops. I've updated both the LAN and WLAN drivers with the latest ones from the MSI website.

What exactly is this error, and is it anything to worry about? It does not seem to have any effect at all on my connection, or the speed/operation of my laptop.

8. Porter

Porter Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I confirmed that I did install the killer suite even though I don't use it. I just started it this morning for the first time.

9. zendik

zendik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    In case it helps anyone:

I and several others here were having BSOD issues when running the Afterburner (or Precision X1) OC scanner. I figured out that pretty quickly after I started the OC scanner my wifi would fail. It would still show as connected, but the connection would be dead and worthless. At some point generally 10 minutes or so into the scanning process I'd get a video TDR BSOD.

I could start one of those internet speed tests, hit the OC Scanner start button, watch the speed fall to zero, cancel the scan, and watch the speed go right back to normal.

Manually turning off the wifi wouldn't work. Disabling the wifi card in Device Manager wouldn't work. Running with just the Killer drivers but no software suite, also no good. The only thing that could prevent the BSOD was totally removing the Killer drivers and software suite and leaving the wifi card without a driver at all.

I hadn't really bothered with it since I've been busy, but I had some time this morning, so I uninstalled all the Killer drivers and software, installed Intel's Proset Wireless package, and ... problem solved. Wifi works great, OC Scanner completed without issue.

Killer chose the right name for itself, but not for the reason they think.

10. Quokka

Reputations:
    So I've been having a poke about in Event Viewer, and this is what I see when I boot up from cold:

[​IMG]

Anything to be worried about here?

From some reading I've done, the DistributedCOM error is quite common, and generally can be ignored. For example, one way I can trigger this error is if I run a webpage with a flash element on it (so I guess Adobe Flash player is doing something that Win10 does not like). My DistributedCOM errors on boot have a different appID, so I presume they relate to a different application, but I have no idea which one.

Opening Steam also seems to generate a DistributedCOM error, but I have no idea why. Can they just be ignored you think?

EDIT: For the DistributedCOM errors, this article and referenced links seem to suggest that they are normal and can be ignored:

https://www.tenforums.com/performan...hy-certain-dcom-10016-events-dont-matter.html

Just wondering if others are getting them as well?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019