*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Can you change which keyboard presets work from the keyboard lighting button? I added my own custom setup, but I have to manually go to the steelseries app to pick it every time. I would rather delete some of the stock color setups and have mine be a choice but I can't figure out how to make it work from that button below the power button.

2. gkfisher

gkfisher Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My first thought is that it's driver related; I wonder if you do a safe boot or disable certain components from device manager you can isolate what is generating the errors.

3. rtx

rtx Newbie

Reputations:
    That is possible, I actually reinstalled windows to get rid of all the unnecessary programs, maybe there is some driver problem?

I might reinstall windows again and see if it helps.

the laptop is working well as far as I can see.

one odd thing is that with -100mV I get cinebench 1183 score but with stock voltage I get only 1097 points.

-150mv gives me 1227 score but is not game stable.

4. rtx

rtx Newbie

Reputations:
    I was hoping to change stock thermal paste with better quality one and remove the 2.5" mechanical harddrive but now I'm afraid of breaking the stock factory sticker as the laptop might have some hidden problems :(

5. a63548

a63548 Newbie

Reputations:
    New user here, but have been reading multiple posts & threads here that have helped me immensely. Just bought the GE75 Raider-048 (i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, RTX 2080), and have some questions regarding driver issues, and performance.

I did a clean install of Windows 10, and installed all of the drivers directly from MSI. However, the audio just seems off as if it is muffled and very low. For instance in Netflix, I can barely hear the voices even when cranking up the volume to the max. In games, certain things sound great, but just like in Netflix the rest is very low. Any ideas by chance?

Also, performance in games like Final Fantasy XV seems to be around 45-60fps when on max settings which surprises me as this is the RTX 2080 running at 1080p compared to some reviews of laptops with the RTX 2080 showing 80fps with similar settings but at 4K. I updated the BIOS and EC Firmware directly from MSI, which definitely seemed to make a difference. The 16GB of RAM in the system is only single channel in which I have 32GB of Crucial DDR4 2666 RAM on the way to make it dual channel. Just wondering if that upgrade might make a big difference? I might be able to return the laptop to where I ordered it with a restocking fee, as technically nothing isn't working. But if I do the RAM upgrade, that option might be off the table due to the factory sticker being altered.

I do love this laptop, but these two big things are causing me some issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I guest we can't use Dynamic Super Resolution, as this laptop using Optimus and switches between the Intel GPU?

ryzeki likes this.
  6. rtx

rtx Newbie

Reputations:
    I did factory reset windows 10 from MSI factory image, now with more programs installed I'm getting even more errors it seems like, after 14min 49errors, so 3.5errors/minute in average.

I'll keep playing Apex Legends and seeing if it is stable otherwise.

7. Avé César

Avé César Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you know guys, if it's possible to add windows precision on my unit GE73 8RF cause now recent units comes with it , instead of synaptics ... ?

8. myxpeakz

myxpeakz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, what is the latest stable windows 10 build for MSI GE75 raider?
    I'm using GE75 Raider 050 GTX2060 from HIDEVOLUTION and my win OS is win10 version 1803 OSbuild 17134.407
    So far all games are good with the best FPS.

9. Doc Fox

Doc Fox Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    when picking a windows build, the model of your computer isn't very relevant. There are ton of threads about Windows with tons and tons of info in this forum. I personally learned a lot and will be reinstalling everything once I have a solid plan. I recommend you read threads by 'Ultra Male' a.k.a. Phoenix on Windows builds and installation.

As far as what is the current best build? The 1903 is going to be released in May, but people seem to have bad opinions of it. (You can get it right now through insider programs). Everyone seems to hate 1809 the least though. I personally really like it. It feels responsive and relatively headache free.

TL;DR --> 1809 build

myxpeakz likes this.
  10. Doc Fox

Doc Fox Notebook Geek

Reputations:

I recommend returning this laptop, or if the return window is past, take it in for servicing under its warranty. I wouldn't do anything with this laptop that might void your warranty such as unlocking its Bios, or repasting it. If you did either those things, reset the bios and don't mention either action.

Edit: Breaking the factory seal means you can't return it, but it doesn't void your warranty. I would still send it in.