*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Failwyn

Failwyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was getting a lot of blue screen crashes with Event ID 41 Kernel Power as well, I figured out that they started right after I installed the Netflix windows app; they stopped as soon as I uninstalled it... Are there any applications that you installed around the time you started noticing the crashes?

kleptomaniak668 likes this.
  2. kleptomaniak668

kleptomaniak668 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, I'm going with the raider as the other stealth and stealth thin have gimped graphics cards. Is there any diff between the GE75 Raider and the MSI GE63 raider besides screen size?

3. Failwyn

Reputations:
    I would assume the GE75 has a decent amount more cooling ability than the GE63; more heat in a smaller space...

kleptomaniak668 likes this.
  4. zendik

zendik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Having seen them both at MicroCenter, the difference in size is minimal. The GE63 is basically an old school 15.6” machine with a big bezel. The GE75 has a narrow bezel and fits its 17” screen into a chassis that looks sleeker and more modern without being much bigger at all.

Look up the physical dimensions of the machines. The 75 is basically the 63 with less bezel and more screen, plus a dramatically better trackpad If that matters to you at all.

kleptomaniak668 and Failwyn like this.
  5. kleptomaniak668

kleptomaniak668 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You make a valid point, I'll get the 17 inch with everything I want added such as thermal paste job, 2x16 gb ram, two Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 3D-VNAND, and the 2080 model I'm within my budget.

6. cloudpower

cloudpower Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    63 does have better cooling and some reaaaally slick RGB on the lid, though.

7. knibbler

knibbler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sounds like a normal symptom of an undervolt being too low. The system usually will crash at peak load or at idle.

8. Rycorlin

Rycorlin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Downloaded the MSI Afterburner v 4.6.0 and while Im able to get a curve setting after running the scan.. I unable to change core voltage/power limit/temp limit? I have a GE75 with a 2080.. any ideas? (Yes I did check the "Unlock voltage control / Unlock voltage monitoring"

Using Geforce RTX Driver version 4.19.67 (If this matters)

Edit: I read someone else posted in this forum saying it was locked for our cards.. so nevermind on that question.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  9. Mick911

Mick911 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply guys, I think bsod is due to throttlestop and especially in idle speed while undervolted.

Here's a picture of factory paste job on mine. Cpu looks bit overpasted and gpu also, some parts of main chip and other memory components are not properly covered with paste:[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Could somebody please help to clarify if krizzly kryonaut is OK to use for memory and other pasted components around gpu or could I use 0.5 or 1.0mm thermal pads(which one) on top of those after cleaning old blue paste off? Didn't expect to find so thick layer of compound around gpu components, thought they use pads there

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  10. Failwyn

Reputations:
    I ran into this problem last night; if you right click on the desktop and click NVidia Control Panel, then click the "Desktop" menu, there is an option "Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area" once you click it, if you click on that icon, it will display a list of all the applications that are using the NVidia GPU; for me, steamwebhelper.exe was using it, as soon as I terminated the process, the light turned white.

Kilador and Atma like this.