*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Nov 12, 2018.

1. thefatapple

thefatapple Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    0 issues with this generation of killer wifi and its drivers (no suite cause i still have ptsd)

2. bryneb

bryneb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I haven't noticed anything, but, I usually do wear a headset when I game.

3. Aes85

Aes85 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I realized this is the only laptop I want but I'm struggling choosing between the 1060 version at 1500€ and the rtx 2070 for 2129€ (with 500gb ssd) here in Italy.

I play CsGo but I'd like to play the new Tomb Raider, Assassin's creed Odyssey, other fps titles and new AAA games like Anthem, atleast on med-high details for quite some time.

I don't know if those extra 600 euro would rly make a difference...what do you think?

4. sethwololo

sethwololo Newbie

Reputations:
    I think u'll get way more fps/better graphical settings with the 2070 version

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  5. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It is a big difference, of around 50% or so. The RTX 2070 full is like a GTX1080 or so, which is considerably stronger than a GTX1060. It will depend on the game, some will have lower gains, some will have more, but it really is a big difference in hardware.

Failwyn likes this.
  6. binchunsu

binchunsu Newbie

Reputations:
    Why is Clevo the only manufacturer using MUX?

7. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    You only need to install the Killer Control Center. The drivers are there for a driver-only install.

Try clean installing to the latest version of the Killer Control Center by following this guide - https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/clean-install-killer-control-center/.

If that doesn't resolve the issue for you, please reach out to us directly by filling out the form here - http://support.killernetworking.com/submit-a-ticket/ - which will also allow you to submit a diagnostic.

-- -- Anthony with Killer Networking

8. kleptomaniak668

kleptomaniak668 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm seriously considering getting the 2080 version of this either the 17 inch or 15 inch version. How portable is this machine? I know its not a titan but I will be taking it with me places maybe once a week.

9. Mick911

Mick911 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey,

Ive had a couple black screen of deaths recently too often and struggling to find out how to go on about this. During last seven days 6 times to be exact. It happens like out of nowhere, even when just browsing the internet and not putting laptop under the load. I have GE75 Raider Rtx 2070 model. All the latest drivers and latest bios version flashed which came out this month.

Was thinking maybe I could figure it out by trying to pinpoint root cause by checking the windows event viewer, but still don't find the root cause because after checking from there it seems that it only is aware that computer was not shut down properly. Power cord has been always plugged in when it has happened, screen is 100% black and steelseries rgb is responsive but nothing else works, hdd led not showing any signs of usage either while happened. Any ideas, anybody else has experienced a similar issue? Can this be linked to Throttlestop issues or much worse, perhaps PSU issue?

Help is much appreciated guys

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  10. Failwyn

Failwyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I carry mine in a backpack to and from work every day, it's far lighter and thinner than my old Sager; The laptop itself is under 6 pounds, carrying it in a backpack is very easy.