*** The Official MSI GE75 Raider Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Nov 12, 2018.

1. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Actually, i'm referring more towards MSI software aftersales support, like BIOS, firmware, driver updates etc. They hardly or almost never update anything. and even if they miraculously do, it's painfully slow to appear.

Regarding your point of view on support, yes i agree in EU or USA the support might be good because you all are protected by consumer laws. In Asia, MSI aftersales support is rubbish to say the least. Remember the time when MSI promised GT72, GT80 with 980M is upgradable and it turned out not upgradable when pascal launched? In EU, USA, you all are compensated, offered trade in or taken care of when you make noise to MSI. In Asia, despite my best efforts, they completely dismissed any compensation and refused to offer trade in, which makes MSI nothing but a bunch of cons operating in Asia. To top it off, my GT72 died just after 3 years of use while my very old alienware M17xR2 (almost 10 years) is still alive and kicking today. Quality is piss poor, aftersales support is horrific, software updates support is non existence. The only thing good about MSI laptop that i can attest to is their cooling out of the box which is great. but then again, it had to be because they put anti tamper warranty void sticker on one of the screws which does not allow any repaste.

I really do not wish to support any of MSI laptops anymore but dell malaysia chose not to offer area-51m here so i had no choice but to shop around again for laptops offering FULL RTX 2080. GE75 is one of the very few modern looking laptops offering that.

2. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    When you say to under-volt the iGPU do you mean the "Intel GPU" or the iGPU Unslice"?

Also where is the option to add 1.0000V under CPU voltage?

3. Ananassi

Ananassi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My 2080 is at 0% in the Performance tab. How can I view the specific applications? 0% would indicate it is not used tho...

4. Mick911

Mick911 Newbie

Reputations:
    Strange, my clock speeds go up to 2k also. Did you find any solution to this, is it RMA case?
    Also getting following limits contantly without load or anything(stock core speeds for gpu):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  5. knibbler

knibbler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Everything you said is innacurate.
    Unless you use a watt meter to see how much you pull...whatever your friend said doesnt help much.
    The gpu pulls 150watts. Thats it. Its not starving for power.

Undervolting is all about power. Undervolting the cpu reduces power draw. That's it. The temps reduce as a result of that. Most experienced people on this site know this...

The bios mod is just a key combination. No flashing of bios.
    Unlocking the power limit and undervolting i run at 3.9hhz all the time and power draw never goes over 65watts. In fact it averages under 45 watts.
    I know i should just keep my mouth shut when people make all this unwarranted fuss. The other experienced guys in this thread are keeping quiet and so will i.

Ill admit that out of the box for the inexperienced user this laptop cpu will easily overheat and drop clocks.
    The gpu will bounce at 150 watts and clocks will drop without a voltage curve.

If you can conquer it its a great laptop but does take more work than it probably should.
    All the info to do this is on this forum ( not youtube!)

Good Luck im signing off! ( i know..good riddance.)

sush33king, thefatapple and Failwyn like this.
  6. thefatapple

thefatapple Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    shouldn't use dragon center lol

7. thefatapple

thefatapple Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    this worked for me, copy pasting someone's post, don't know how to link posts:(

"Use this.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-driver-slimming-utility.423072/

Download the driver directly from Nvidia. Also, download the latest iGPU driver from intel.

This is what you do.

Use the driver slimmer to slim down the nvidia driver. Check mark everything in the first “folder”, and also the NGX and USB C boxes.

Now, put your laptop into airplane mode.

Uninstall the control panels first, then the dGPU then iGPU IN THAT ORDER.

Do not restart.

Run DDU, boot into safe mode, and uninstall the dGPU (clean but do not restart) then the iGPU with restart.

Reboot

Install the intel driver.

Reboot

Install the slimmed down nvidia driver.

Reboot

Install the control panels from the Microsoft store

Reboot

Retest.

Note, if you’re using throttlestop and dragon center, I would disable dragon center in the task scheduler and reboot.

Let us know what happens. Personally, I see slight improvements in performance with a slimmed down driver.

Also, disable GEForce experience for now. Let’s remove all potential variables. "

8. Mick911

Mick911 Newbie

Reputations:
    That's the attitude mate! Just let the world burn, no wonder Noah didn't want any humans on the ship.... But yeah you're definitely spot on about this one, It does take more than it should for this laptop. I've wasted about 30 + h of my life reading this thread from post 1 to 100 several times over and again, testing all this stuff out and all this after wasting 3,5k dollars for gaming laptop that should perform in gaming without significant problems as advertised but it doesn't! AND guess what, still don't have all the answers. Instead of spending valuable time for boasting how ultimately experienced user you are and how **** everybody else on this thread are you could compile very easily your knowledge together for a new sticky topic, post, thread, etc or even your own yt video/article fo otherr users like here and more to come targeting thousands of hits for marketing and gains for yourself AND for other folks trying to get their laptops performing in optimized settings making the world a bit better place... haha, too much wanted

9. Failwyn

Failwyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Somebody already did that, this post needs to be stickied:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...scussions-lounge.825828/page-74#post-10873544

Also, knibbler is referring to the people claiming that 280W is not sufficient power for the laptop, not people asking how to do things; we are all trying to help each other solve issues and attacking each other isn't going to help anyone. Making claims about the laptop needing a 330W power supply without a citation or any evidence (when the GPU and CPU don't come anywhere close to that limit) isn't helping either.

thefatapple likes this.
  10. Ananassi

Ananassi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well. That very sounds complicated. I guess I could give it a shot... Pretty stupid we need to go through **** like this on a brand new machine. And what's this DDU this guy is talking about?