The Official M9750 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Xplane, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shazzoz

shazzoz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As I said in a previous post, I've also got the new MacBook Pro on order. I think they are great machines, but they really aren't in the same league as the m9750 for gaming. I'm expecting my MBP to function fine for some games, but that's not the primary reason I got it.

2. mjl2142

mjl2142 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    halogod- maybe I should speak to a supervisor......

3. HaloGod2007

HaloGod2007 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Do i have a lot of overclocking options with this system? im looking to overclock the cpu and ram.

4. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I don't mean to be pushy here but the Area-51 7500 is a desktop and this is the M9750 Owner's Thread. ;) Feel free to create an Area-51 desktop owners thread in our dedicated Desktop Hardware forum.

5. Phritz

Phritz Space Artist

Reputations:
    No offence but you wont be seeing many games (especially DX10) coming out on the Macs, and I think you mean LCD screen which by the way any glossy screen looks good but with the 8600 you wont be seeing eye-popping DX10 GFX as the desktop 8800GTX is already under huge strain trying to play company of Heroes in DX10 mode. Processor and RAM is good but if you want to game then OSX is NOT the way to go.

6. mikemagri

mikemagri Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is the latest I got from Alienware, from a email sent saturday.

Dear Mike Magri,
    There will be a slight delay in your Alienware order, because the part(s) listed below are temporarily backordered.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and assure you that we are doing everything in our power to expedite the process of obtaining the part(s). Once the part(s) have been obtained, your order will be processed.
    1- AREA-51M 9750 17" WUXGA W/ CAM BLACK ........................ Expected Date: 6/30/2007
    2- 9750 INTERNAL MINI CARD TV TUNER WITH COAXIAL ............... Expected Date: 6/30/2007
    If you have any questions regarding your order, please do not hesitate to contact our sales department by replying to this e-mail.
    Thank you for choosing Alienware.

7. X-29

X-29 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ever heard of bootcamp? It is a program officially made by Apple that allows Mac computers to run both OSX and a Windows based operating system. Allows mac users to get the best of both worlds, except Macs still will never be designed with gaming in mind like the Alienware M9750. That's why you will never see a Mac with a Go 7950 GTX graphics card much less SLI or a high end DX10 card.

8. shazzoz

shazzoz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    While I agree with the comment that Macs are not going to compete with the m9750 or similar gaming rigs, it's interesting to note that Apple did highlight renewed gaming development for Macs by EA at WWDC. A start, anyway.

@ Phritz - the new MacBook Pros do come with an LED/LCD screen.

9. Phritz

Phritz Space Artist

Reputations:
    Its still LCD, the backlighting is just from LED's, its not an actual screen comprised of LED's like the 15 meter jumbotrons ;)

@-X-29: Macs are to overpriced to buy for gaming the be, I don't wanna have to BUY service packs (its true, thats all Leopard is and panther... and tiger... etc.) in addition to buying Vista. Not only that but the standard warranty is pitiful. Its good that one company supplies the OS and Hardware because then you don't end up with the manufacturer and Microsoft blaming eachother for problems. With Panther Apple announced 150 breakthrough new features, the most notable was a new Finder a way to see all your open windows at once and some video-messaging software.... what the hell are the other 147 breakthrough new features? (No offence to mac users though, there are plenty of reasons as to why they're better than PC's but I have managed to find more for PCs than Macs

10. X-29

X-29 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Agreed. I am writing this from a mac computer, but am looking for a gaming notebook, and it will definitely be a PC for me. Just don't know if it will be this Alienware M9750 or an XPS M1710.

Never thought of Lepord and Tiger as service packs. That is actually a really good point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.