*** The Official GE76 RAIDER Owners and Discussion Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HaloGod2012, Feb 21, 2021.

1. frysie

frysie Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    most likely just replaced it with a new one

2. SMOKE_SKULL

SMOKE_SKULL Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    A Dragon Edition with 11990k and 180w 3080 maybe because thats all they had? My luck they just put it back in the box with no problem found.

3. frysie

frysie Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i skimped on the dragon edition , looked like **** honestly. got the normal i9 one with the 3080 :)

4. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    Trade you for the mystery box when I get it? lol

5. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    found the culprit and it's windows 10 automatically updating the chipset drivers. rolled back to the one on MSI's website and everything is fine. I already went into regedit and disabled windows driver updates but it keeps updating it. how do you turn off the windows update for drivers? and weird none of you have this issue with windows updating with bad drivers

6. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    I had a Asus laptop with Ryzen and RTX3060 and Windblows would update a driver for the AMD chipset and then Vulcan games would just bllack screen until you did a drtiver reinstallation. Annoying as heck. One reason I dont won that laptop any more.

7. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    They replaced the motherboard which is good. They left a wire off the wifi card and the outside looks like it was sprayed with something but i cant see any scratches yet.

8. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    Well it appears its still doing it. They definatly changed the mobo, whether its new or refurb i dont know. Could this be a symptom of a defective power supply? It hit 180 and 170watt max playing Doom Eternal. It doesnt seem to do it unless its a very demanding game. Benchmarking doesnt do it. It has hit 210 and 190watt before the mobo swap. The maxhine runs great other than this issue

9. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you should not look at that number and just enjoy the laptop. There may be nothing wrong, it's just a reading and who knows why it shows what it does. Mine never seems to show above around 140w GPU when I do look at it in games yet I have some of the highest benchmark scores around, had #1 slot on several for a while. I think sometimes freq and power readings are so instantaneous that they can read crazy numbers, and one program may show diff numbers than another program. In the past I've seen like 100k watts on a CPU for some reason, I have no idea why but I took a screenshot as it looked really funny but nothing was wrong with the system and I never had any problems with it.

Just my 2 cents. If temps and performance ware good I would just enjoy the laptop.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  10. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    A tech with MSI has the same laptop and he even loaded COD and played for a while and even made a video and his wouldnt go over 140w. We were using the same drivers and i even did a clean install of windows with all msi drivers and mine still did it.