*** The Official GE76 RAIDER Owners and Discussion Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HaloGod2012, Feb 21, 2021.

1. SMOKE_SKULL

SMOKE_SKULL Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well thats it i smashed a perfectly good mouse today so i uninstalled the game for good. On to new adventures. The latency in some matches was parhetic. I pull the trigger and my gun never fires. Not sure if i am being punished or what but i am officially done. Fack you COD.

2. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone have an issue when you connect to an external monitor via HDMI? Every game and even chrome stutters like crazy. I'm getting 200 FPS in MW but it feels and looks like it's 20 fps. I'm using discrete graphics mode and tried with the laptop screen off as well. Drivers and BIOS all up to date.

When unplugging the external monitor everything is fine.

EDIT: scratch that about the FPS. in RDR2 the fps tanks to 20-25 fps on extenal monitor while i get 80 fps on the laptop monitor. what's going on? does anyone else use an external monitor on their ge76 and have this problem?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  3. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    I have used 2 seperate monitors both connected via mini display port to display port on monitor with zero issues on either monitor.

4. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have you tried with HDMI? I'll have to give mini display port to HDMI a shot then. I have the exact same laptop as you with the 240hz sharp panel

5. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    Can you use a USB C to HDMI? I think you have to have the Intel GPU turned on to use the USB C port though. Not that it makes a huge difference for basic gaming.

6. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    Screenshot_20211022-181154_Chrome.jpg What you guys make of this? They received the laptop Monday afternoon and the first i heard anything this morning because i was starting to panik if they actually received it, i log in to the rma site and they just accepted it. Now a few hours later uts shipped out again?

7. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    Oooops.

8. SierraFan07

SierraFan07 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Maybe they shipped a new one instead? Also I don't remember your original post but I wouldn't trust watching a GPU watt rating while playing a game. Have you used other software to actually confirm those results?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

9. SierraFan07

SierraFan07 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm connected to a monitor via HDMI and discrete graphics and have never seen that issue.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

10. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    I have a desktop 3060ti same gpu chip as 3070 laptop and it rock stable as far as power draw. I try aftrrburner, gpu z and hw monitor and everything saw the spikes. Something was awray on the laptop.