*** The Official GE76 RAIDER Owners and Discussion Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HaloGod2012, Feb 21, 2021.

1. SierraFan07

SierraFan07 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did you mod any BIOS settings or flash the newest FW update for the card? Have you applied liquid metal to CPU/GPU that would cause a short? I'm not saying you did anything wrong, that's just not usually the type of defect that would pass QC before shipping.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

2. SMOKE_SKULL

SMOKE_SKULL Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes it has latest firmware. No i did not ever touch the heatsink. I took pictures and video to prove it too. It was not doing it when it was new. It doesnt even do it benchmarking only when playing demanding games. It may have something to do with whatever controls boost clocks when cpu and gpu are at full loads.

3. SierraFan07

SierraFan07 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Interesting. I hope your RMA process goes smooth, you certainly didn't have it for long. Who did you order it through?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

4. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    Newegg Canada. Ya its only a few months old

5. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:

If you look at the 20 to 30 second mark on the video you will see it spike. At the end around 11:46 mark it spikes over 200w. It seems stable during actual play just during intermission it will spike. I have a desktop 3060ti with same core chip and it never does that.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  6. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Interesting... side note: you need to slide cancel and move way more to keep the server data stale ;) harder to hit.

7. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    I would like some lessons.

8. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    COD is retarded an penalizes PC players. So many times unfair things happen. Today I threw a grenade that landed a few inches from an enemys claymore and it didnt set off the claymore but did major damage to me and then the claymore went off and i died. The RPG7 is now useless for me as unless i get a direct hit on an enemy they never die any more. Plus the time to switch and pull the trigger is absolutely insane long. I can be fireire my machinegun and switcxh to rocket without moving and it does no damage to enemy. If I am too close I will die though. I am going to ry a new mouse because when I zoom in on distant enemy using combat optic If I moce my mouse a smidge it puts the reticule an inch away. If I slow down the mouse speed then I can turn during regular play. Every time they update the nerf a gun I finally start getting kills with. I try moving a lot like u suggest and it doesnt help at all. By the time I aquire the enemy I am already dead. I am not terrible aim but it seems like that console aim assist is too powerful.

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  9. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    For sure. I switch between controller and m/kb depending on style of play i feel like doing (sniping long range vs close quarters cracked)

10. SMOKE_SKULL

Reputations:
    I have video I recorded today showing how far off where the aim point is compared to where i have to aim to make a kill. Thats absolute insanity. Who can play like that? WTF am I supposed to guess where I am supposed to shoot? This game is so infuriating I think I am going to have to quit. I am getting so frustrated I am smashing my mouse and pounding my fist on my desk out of frustration. So many terrible things happening like I throw a stun grenade and it bounces off a the corner of a building right back at me so I am 100% stunned and I get killed. WTF but my rockets hitting right at the feet of enemy do didly squat., Its just outrageous stupid.,