*** The Official GE76 RAIDER Owners and Discussion Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HaloGod2012, Feb 21, 2021.

1. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thought I would create a lounge for the new GE76. I've had mine for a week and have some impressive benchmark numbers so far in timespy and firestrike. See my sig for the numbers. The 3080 in this beast performs just like a full desktop 3070!

NuclearLizard likes this.
  2. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Currently waiting for the tigerlake refresh. This one so far is in 1st place for competition of my money. Lol

3. HaloGod2012

Reputations:
    Aren't they refreshing again this year by Q4 with DDR5? I figure I'll stick with the 10875H till DDR5 gets introduced

4. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Maybe, I'm not sure.

That might be alder lake because I know tiger is PCIE 4.0 in Q2/3 ish.

I'm just a little leery of alder lakes big.LITTLE design weirdness to hop on it. Lol

So I figure I'll get this one ride it a bit and then cycle it down to one of my brothers or friends if something big comes.

5. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    This would be the perfect laptop for me if MSI didn't remove the left/right mouse buttons and switch to a clickpad.

What a shame.

6. HaloGod2012

Reputations:
    I think that's the future for most laptops now

7. Keith

Keith Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I picked up one of these from Microcenter on the 13th. So far so good. The only thing that drives me nuts is the core temp differential on the CPU, but that issue has followed me from one notebook to the next while Intel has been on their 14nm+++(to infinity and beyond) process node.

8. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    I see the reasoning for certain styles of laptops, but high-end 17.3" machines should retain dedicated buttons imo.

I personally need them for accessibility reasons so if MSI eliminates them across the entire line, I have to switch brands

9. HaloGod2012

Reputations:
    How are you liking the display? It's only 300 nits so for me its not bright enough and looks dull next to all my 500+ nit displays. No clue why they did this to a 3000 dollar laptop. In my games, colors would pop nicely and look very bright on my alienware 51m R2 but this one always has me trying to max the brightness only to find out it is maxed.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  10. Keith

Keith Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think the display is very nice. There is some minor backlight bleed - mostly in the upper left quadrant. But it seems more like a bezel pressure issue than a actual screen issue because I can get the light bleed to shift if I gently flex the lid itself. The 300 Hz refresh rate is very nice.

My only gripe is the CPU temp spread like I said. But I don't blame MSI for that, I blame Intel. :)