THE OFFICIAL: Dell Inspiron 9 (Mini I) Thread...

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Cin', Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    You will enjoy the I9 very much! Congrat's on your purchase also! :)

$186!!! Nice pricing! :cool:

Alot of I9 owner have had great experience with Ubuntu!

Cin ;) :)

2. mick4394

mick4394 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yep. It arrived today. Now I have to wait for my SSD, so I can start having some fun with this thing.

3. GadgetBoi

GadgetBoi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What SSD did you order? I put a Runcore 64GB in mine about a month ago. Really happy with it. Running dual boot WinXP and Ubuntu 9.04. Finding myself using Ubuntu more and more, it really is a nice OS and faster on the mini 9 than WinXP.

4. mick4394

Reputations:
    I ordered a 16GB Supertalent. This is one of the newer Supertalents that has the 80/40 speed of the Runcores, but they run a little cheaper and can be purchased from newegg. If it works well, I may end up getting a 32GB at the same speed.

At this point, I'm still waiting on it to arrive. So, I'm just running a fresh install of Jaunty, which is very nice. When my 16GB gets here, I'll be giving it a fresh Windows 7 install, and after awhile, I'm going to Hackintosh it.

5. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    Grat's on the *new* arrival!! :D...How long on the SSD?

Cin ;) :)

6. mick4394

Reputations:
    It should be here any time now. It's on the UPS truck. So, tonight should be an entertaining evening.

7. fknelite

fknelite Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Those SSDs from newegg seem pretty legit, if I would have seen those a couple weeks ago I would have definitely picked one up but with my new job and its liberal personal use policy for their systems, I find myself not using my Mini 9 so much.

I am thinking that if I did get the faster SSD that I might be able to run Vista Basic fairly well on my Mini 9, your thoughts?

8. mick4394

Reputations:
    Frankly, I don't see the benefit of running Vista Basic. Even without all of the Aero stuff, Vista's a pretty big hog.

If I was you, I just download Windows 7 RC1. I installed it on my new SSD this evening, and it's pretty darn good. It has the good looks of Vista (and then some) and the speed of XP (actually it feels a bit faster).

I'm no Vista hater. In fact, I really don't have a problem with it, and have been a pretty big proponent of running it. However, netbooks and Vista just aren't a good mix.

9. CaboWabo

CaboWabo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello again everyone,

Just checking back in with all of you. If you remember I bought my I9 during the Black Friday sale. So far I'm still loving it and I've had no problems at all with it. Works perfectly for all my on-the-go computer needs. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good case for it. I still have a very basic sleeve for it but I need something small that can also hold the AC power cord and a bluetooth mouse. Also, could anyone recommend good bluetooth headphones for it to listen to music & movies in the car or airplane?

10. Tim Piroli

Tim Piroli Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone have a good coupon for the Mini9 at the dell outlet????

Please PM if you have any that you are not using

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    TIM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.