THE OFFICIAL: Dell Inspiron 9 (Mini I) Thread...

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Cin', Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrigno

Terrigno Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok I officially have the dell fever now. I bought the mini 9. Then got an iomega 250hdd for it. Now, I just ordered the Studio 15 Laptop with 320HD and 4 GB ram. Now Im extremely excited lol

2. atbnet

atbnet Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Picking it up locally would be the most expensive route. Though some have deals from time to time, just check the ads on Sundays. I'd say buy it through Newegg otherwise.

Congrats! It isn't hard to catch the feature because who doesn't like nice and shiny new gadgets?

3. Terrigno

Reputations:
    haha thanks man. Well, I just need to know what kind of memory it takes and if its diffrent? I upgraded the memory from my inspiron with kingston 2gb from circuit city on thursday and got it for 50 bucks. Its on sale, so thats why I asked if the same memory will fit in the mini?

4. atbnet

atbnet Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah it would be the same memory. Good price from Circuit City.

5. Terrigno

Reputations:
    So the same memory i put in my inspiron 1501 will also fit in the Mini? If so, im goin to go buy it today!

6. atbnet

atbnet Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yes that will work.

7. mark500

mark500 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Terrigno, are you upgrading the memory as you found the 1gb was just not performing? How long have you been using the mini? I am wondering why the quick jump, obviously 2 is better than 1, but do you have a reason other than just to do it (and spend $50)?

8. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    Congrat's on the orders! :D ;) :cool:

I kind of have the *buying fever feeling* this morning for some reason! LOL. :rolleyes: :D

Cin ;) :)

9. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

So if someone has never read or signed the "Apple EULA" he should also not fall afoul of it? Thoughtcrime anyone?

I don't believe it is illegal at all for talk of OSx86 to happen, if it was, even discussion of Apple's NDA against iPhone developers would be illegal and so would discussion of jailbreaking the iPhone or a myriad of other things which happen in the computing world that stray from EULAs.

Methinks Apple is getting special treatment here.

10. atbnet

atbnet Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just because you haven't read the EULA doesn't mean you can claim ignorance to it. It is being challenged in court though.

Apple is finally caving, they recently dropped their NDA for the iPhone. I doubt though that they will make OS X available for anything other than Apple computers because they don't make enough money from software sales; their business model depends on them selling hardware. That being said, I think they might follow Microsoft when it comes to using their software in illegal ways. So sure a few people here and there are using OS X in ways that break the EULA but eventually if that user becomes accustom to the OS eventually they will buy the Apple hardware too. Even if only a small percent of the OSx86 users do this Apple has made quite a few new customers. Plus you can't pirate hardware so Apple overall isn't losing anything from the OSx86 project. However companies like Psystar start to hurt their bottom line, that's why they are going after them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.