THE OFFICIAL: Dell Inspiron 9 (Mini I) Thread...

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Cin', Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrigno

Terrigno Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    On the hooking your dell up to the bluetooth on your curve, Does anyone charge extra for that? I have a curve also and bluetooth on the mini!

2. jaimegmr

jaimegmr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I know AT&T has an unlimited data plan for use with your cell phone, but if they find out you are using it with your laptop (since it uses a lot more data faster) they will cancel your data plan or charge you extra. The "unlimited" data plan that is meant for tethering (connecting through the phone) has a soft-cap of 5GB.

3. Dunhamzzz

Dunhamzzz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Crafty buggers :/

4. cmarcho

cmarcho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I used to have the pda plan on my blackjack, with no tethering, and would tether it to my 1505 to surf. I didn't use that much data so it didn't raise any eyebrows. My friend at work did the same thing, and was constantly streaming video and stuff to his Q1, and said he came close to 10gig one month. He said they didn't like that too much.

:D

5. jeff1618

jeff1618 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just got off the phone with Dell and they have replaced my lost/stolen order with a new "expedited" order that should put a mini in my hands next week. I'll post an update if that actually happens.

6. cmarcho

cmarcho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I hope that happens but based on all the other 'expedited' orders that haven't arrived, I wouldn't put any money on it arriving when they say it will.

7. jeff1618

Reputations:
    I agree. I'm not holding my breath. If they drag their feet long enough to really p**s me off I'll just cancel the whole thing and go somewhere else. I'll also never buy anything else from them again (that include encouraging my friends and family to do the same). I don't suffer companies with poor customer service lightly.

Jeff

8. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    Hey Jeff, NOW that is good news for a Friday! ;) :) I'm happy they are expediting the order for you...that was the least they could do..:cool:

I hope that they wouldn't if they are expediting...Did they give you a new order number, and a case number regarding the whole matter???

Cin ;) :)

9. Johnny T

Johnny T Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Guys, you have already be warned by another member not to continue any OSX on PC discussion. It is against the Apple EULA which means that it is illegal. And any discussion about illegal activities will not be tolerated here on NBR as it is clearly stated in the forum rules. Anymore discussion of and along the lines of this topic will result in infraction points and thread closure.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Johnny T - NBR Moderation Team

10. jeff1618

Reputations:
    I have a reference number, but so far there is no new order number that I can find on my account. I'm giving them a little time, but I'll contact them again this afternoon if I still don't see any change on the web site.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.