THE OFFICIAL: Dell Inspiron 9 (Mini I) Thread...

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Cin', Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmarcho

cmarcho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    any comments or debate, fire away? Wow. why so pissy?

Thanks for the super secret insight there....

my comments or debate don't have to do with the way they make the laptops. I've known for years that's how the laptops are made. Made in Malaysia, boxing stage is when they are on the way here to be distributed, etc.. everybody knows the process....

the issues we are having are the issues with the idiot that put acrobat 9.0 on the web page that built our laptops, and then manufacturing being too stupid to correct it in build, but rather our orders have to be canceled. Then we wait at the end of the line all over again. And in my case, the sales person that re-entered my order after that first dell screw-up entered it wrong, and THAT order got canceled. Now I'm sitting here three weeks later, with a three week wait left on two simple laptops that everyone else who ordered after me are getting in the mail right now.... all the while the guy in bangalore or pune, or gurgoan or wherever they are is telling me he's going to expedite my order, but so far it hasn't gone any faster than any other order.

You work for dell? Get me my laptops and I'll be impressed.

debate that... fire away.

2. onefish2

onefish2 Newbie

Reputations:
    Dell does expedite sort of. What that means is that they send you another persons order and then that person gets bumped. Its like cutting some one in line.

3. jeff1618

jeff1618 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the thoughts Cin'.

If I understand them correctly, DHL is reporting the computer stolen and has already sent a report to Dell. At this point the ball is definitely in Dell's court. Really sucks that out of all the things that could have been stolen, someone chose my mini. :mad:

4. cmarcho

cmarcho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

hmmm..... what configuration did you get? Maybe it's being re-packaged and 'expedited' to me!!!!!

:D :D :eek: :eek: :D :D :eek: :eek:

j/k... that does suck! I think you and I have the worst luck getting a mini.

5. atbnet

atbnet Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You'll have to use the discs they send or install through a USB drive. The hard drive is not large enough for a restore partition.

6. dougjr

dougjr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone have any idea how you could about putting the install on a flash, SD card?

7. atbnet

atbnet Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  8. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    OH it definitely does stink..major stinkage there...and why did it have to happen to you? I mean you waited long enough for it....:mad: :(

Well, I would hope that they will get it together and make you satisfied, not *them* :eek: ;) :)

Just my thoughts...and I have strong thoughts on this, as you can't already tell! :rolleyes: I just believe very strongly in *good customer service*, and what *Can be done to make the Customer happy* :D

Ok to lighten it up....The thieve(s) that stole your I9, painted it *red* and are going to send it to me!

Sorry, cmarcho!!!! hee heheh hehehe :tongue: :laugh:

I'm kidding.

Cin ;) :)

9. caveman017

caveman017 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just got mine from eBay for $281 after Live cash back.

Plan on getting a 2GB memory module, creating a 256MB RAM disk for temp files, disabling the page file etc.

Already set up my nLite installation

10. Terrigno

Terrigno Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey. I saw a guy make a youtube video and was talking about there being no microphone on the system. I dont know if this was discussed but there is indeed a built in microphone. Its the tiny little hole on the curved part of the very front of the mini in front of the mouse track. If you already knew Im sorry for the post. Just wanted to post it for people that didnt know. It works very well also! Now the video chat feature isnt pointless lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.