***-->The Official Dell Adamo Thread<--***

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Cin', Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EC87

EC87 Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry but you are wrong...
    2GB are soldered to the mother board, plus you have a slot for a single DDR3.
    Adamo XPS is sold with 4GB, 2 on MoBo + 1 Module DDT3 of 2GB.

It's possible to change the 2GB Module with one of 4 GB, but the problem is to find 1 module with the chips only one one side (single sided Ram).

These are photos of the module.

ygohome likes this.
  2. rgershey

rgershey Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Upgrade to Windows 10.

Last week I successfully upgraded my Onyx to Win 10. Considering this puppy first shipped with Vista the process went really smoothly. There were just two bumps in the upgrade.

The Broadcom Bbluetooth radio was nowhere to be seen in the Device Manager after the dust settled. Dell has not done anything about upgrading drivers for this model, so I went looking elsewhere. The Lenovo software http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031999 brought the adapter to life and it seems to be working great.

The other problem was the graphics driver. The MS driver works just fine, but there is no way to control screen brightness via software (the Fn keys work tho). Also the adaptive brightness does not work, even though the Light Sensor has drivers installed in the device manager and it reported as working normally. Tried installing the Win 7 Intel display driver, but Win 10 doesn't like that at all. Keeps blinking and thrashing like a dog trying to get water out of his ears. Still searching for a another driver. Maybe this is a permanent problem, since in Win 10 you either can't or have to go to great lengths to stop it from automatically updating all your drivers.

booboo12 likes this.
  3. rgershey

Reputations:
    Gosh! Am I the only Adamo user who has ungraded to Windows 10?
    Gosh! Am I the only Adamo user still alive?

Dellienware likes this.
  4. jimlancer

jimlancer Newbie

Reputations:
    Install the Dell QuickSet from Dell Official Driver Download Site. Then The Brightness and Function Key Works Fine. Even the Light Sensor.

5. rgershey

Reputations:
    Suddenly it's less lonely here :)

I have Quickset installed and it shows the Dell customization options in the Mobility Center. It reports the Ambient light sensor is enabled, but the display brightness does not respond to changes in ambient light. Interesting, the Fn F4 and F5 keys do change the screen brightness, but when one does this the light sensor is reported to be disabled in the mobility center. Enabling it again dims the display, but it still does not respond to changes in ambient light.

I remember having some trouble like this when running Win 7. I found that there were 3 requirements to have the ambient light sensor working. 1) a working driver in the device manager. 2) having adaptive brightness turned on in the advanced power options under display. and 3) enabling the sensor in the Control Panel - "Sensors" was a setting in the Control Panel by itself. Unfortunately, I can't find any such setting the the control panel in Windows 10.

Do you actually have an Adam running Win 10 with a working ambient light sensor?

Thanks for your interest in this!

6. jimlancer

jimlancer Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh sorry. I tested mine Adamo 13 with flashlight. It's not working too. Like you said enabling sensor option from mobility center only dims the display. but it's not adjust automatic with environment. I bought this laptop since 2009 with Windows Vista Home Premium pre-installed. Light sensor works excellent and adjust keyboard light has a same indicate like volume & brightness control in system. I remember since upgrade to Windows 7 Professional the light sensor and keyboard light indicate are not working anymore even update the Quickset to latest version. Anyway I just fixed touchpad scroll in Windows 10 yesterday. Now it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.