<<< The "Official" CF-30 Thread >>>

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Toughbook, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhoar

bhoar Newbie

Reputations:
    By cursing repeatedly? :)

-brendan

2. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    Rick, yes I simply split it off with a razor blade... enough of the double stick tape (which what is on their is SUPER STRONG) was intact that I didn't need to buy any more, but simply use the existing :)

3. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    Yup... I needed the CF-30 keyboard for a CF-28 project on ebay... I just split it off. It came off rather easy.

One thing I do LOVE about my CF-30... I have the media bay battery... With a fully charged laptop... I can literally use it all day long on a single charge... From 9am or so until 8pm or thereabout. I turn the screen down a little to save on 'tricity... but it works like a champ! All you 30 owners MUST buy one of these batteries!

EDIT - I've been on this for most of the day and I'm down to 41% on the main battery with 3 hours showing left to go.

Kent T likes this.
  4. WanMan

WanMan Newbie

Reputations:
    I couldn't agree with TB more. I bought the media bay battery based on his earlier post. I used to put off a lot of work during the day not wanting to wait for my laptop to either boot our come out of sleep mode, now all I do is open the lid and go right work.

I did change my power settings to sleep after 30 minutes that way when there is no use at all like sitting on the floor it sleeps. I start my day at 4:30AM and do not plug the CF-30 in until about 10:00PM each night. I also notice that it comes out of sleep mode quite reliably even the WWAN reconnects right away. I have used probably 30 laptops on a daily basis including 4 other TB's but nothing comes close to the CF-30.

5. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    I used to run all day long back in the day with my cf-29 and the media bay battery... that was back when I worked at Proton Computers and I was in the field alot... My new job (as of April 7th) I'm at a desk most of the day and have a work computer so I don't use my toughbook nearly as much... When I do side jobs in when I mostly use it. That is the only reason I havn't bought the extra battery yet.

6. Iceman304

Iceman304 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What ever happened to stick your hand out the door? If it did not get wet, you could mow the lawn.

7. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    what?:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

8. mnementh

mnementh Crusty Ol' TinkerDwagon

Reputations:
    :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon::wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon::wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon::wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed:

'tis crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide?

:spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon::wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed::spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon::wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon::wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed:

mnem
    Time is an illusion; lunchtime - doubly so.
    :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon::wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed::spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon::wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon::wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed:

9. mnementh

mnementh Crusty Ol' TinkerDwagon

Reputations:

:spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon::wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon::wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon::wideeyed: :spinny: :swoon: :wideeyed:

'tis crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide?

mnem
    Time is an illusion; lunchtime - doubly so.

10. WanMan

WanMan Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone added the Fingerprint reader to their cf-30 as a retrofit? If so how difficult was it? I can't visualize where the reader installs on the Toughbook does anyone have a link to a picture?

Thanks,
    Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.