1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

**//The Official Bioshock Thread//**

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Odin5578, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabarati

fabarati Frorum Obfuscator

Reputations:
    I played it smoothly on High Settings, minus High Detailed shaders plus Force global lighting @ 1280x800 on my go7700. This is while OC'd though

2. Sliced_Bread

Sliced_Bread Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How much did you OC? I have the go7700 and I've been having a time getting it to work smoothly on anything but med/low settings and I installed the updated driver. I only got to play for about 45 min last night and I plan on checking my FPS in CS:S after work to see if the driver is messing me up, however, I don't think it is.

On high I was stuck at 15-25ish FPS, medium 20-40, and low 30-60 so just to keep it as playable as possible I was running on low but if I can change that I'd love to know how.

EDIT: Oh, and I have the G1 w/ 2.0 duo, 512 go7700, 100GB 7200rpm HDD, and upgraded RAM (the specifics escape me at the moment).

3. fabarati

fabarati Frorum Obfuscator

Reputations:
    c510/m460. I'm using the bioshock drivers (163.44). They allowed me to go from medium to high. Just remember that you can't use High detailed shaders or vsync.

4. wdlp65

wdlp65 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Indeed, the reviewers have the luxury of running this game on a high end desktop computer, which obviously we don't own or we wouldn't be here in the "notebook" forum.

The choice is pretty obvious, get the 360 version and hook it up through the VGA connection and play it at native 720p on your HDTV.

Monster Game VGA that is...

5. wdlp65

wdlp65 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Depending on what type of computer specs you have YES the 360 compares quite well and if you don't believe me I would be more than happy to take some snapshots and show you just how good the 360 version looks!

6. Stewie Griffin

Stewie Griffin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yes for a 3000 computer you can do what a 350 dollar video game system can do. For gaming i'll go with the cheaper option any day

7. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    in the old days i would say pc every time. But in more recent years i would now say console.

Why? Well ive played oblivion on both pc and xbox360. The graphics were better on pc yes but it wasnt as smooth or as *untroubled* as the 360 version. What do i mean by untroubled? I mean i would get occasional crashes and glitches with the pc version every so often. Constantly updating drivers and patches to get the best out of the game.
    In my honest opinion its getting worse with patches for games coming out practically the same day it gets released. (i know problems occur because of the difference in hardware between people etc etc but still enough is enough)

You have a HDTV forget all the hassle of having a pc and play it in a relaxing environment (lying on the couch) on a console. No hunching over a desk no sir.

Me ill still own a pc for old skool stuff, rpgs and the like. I think there is a wealth of back catalog pc games that ive never played. But for new stuff - console

8. Sliced_Bread

Sliced_Bread Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just hate consoles because I can't use a controller in any first person game. If you can use and be comfortable with the 360 then play on 360 but I hate the controller and I hate being held hostage (even more than I already am) by Microsoft. They charge for everything on the 360 and I can't see it getting any better. Give me fan-based content and more control over the game any day.

9. wuzertheloser

wuzertheloser Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    those were some pretty amazing screenshots...dang

10. nemon

nemon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Why would that not be possible? =) Just asking =)