*** The Official 2019 MSI GS65 Stealth with RTX GPUs Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by JRey, Jan 25, 2019.

1. falldragon

falldragon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey trying to follow your guide for the gs65. You said you used Silent Option for fan control. All I can find is a download link on the msi forum from 2015 V1.0.1603.3101 seems to be the newest one. Is this what you use?

Additionally, I've been testing my CPU temps. I've noticed that core 1 and 2 stick around 85-93c and the rest hover around 70-80, despite them all seemingly having the same "usage" %. This makes me think gentech did a bad liquid metal application. Let me know if this is normal or not, thanks.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  2. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's not normal. I am sorry but I have to call out Gentech on this one - you should inquire with them. Here are my temps after benching:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...scussions-lounge.827160/page-12#post-10857478

3. JRey

JRey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. JRey

JRey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Use the "Skylake" version in the link below. You'll also have to create a task scheduler item to have this load on log in.
    https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=255972.0

Also, your CPU temps have too big of an gap. I believe 3, maybe 4c difference is considered "normal". I'd contact GenTech to see what's up.

falldragon likes this.
  5. 6out

6out Newbie

Reputations:
    so should dragon center be used or uninstalled?

6. JRey

JRey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    After my issues with download the control panels, I’d disable it in task scheduler instead. That way, you can always enable it when you need too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael A. Saldana and 6out like this.
  7. Jason Novak

Jason Novak Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The new nvidia 419.17 drivers are out today > I can't test them atm, but looking at the inf file I believe it now shows the device id in the DCH drivers for the mobile 2060, going off memory 1f08

NVIDIA_DEV.1F08 = "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060"

8. falldragon

falldragon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Here's what I'm seeing at the beginning of BFV. Looks like I'll have to send it back to gentech and wait even longer ughhhhh.

One silver lining, that clock speed for the GPU is much higher that I thought it'd be for the 80w 2080. I thought even the 90w variant is only supposed to reach 1230Mhz. Or am I just not understanding something? Thanks.

9. Ckhurana

Ckhurana Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for confirming, repped! So no joy to get this here it seems, and the Indian version is bound to be at least 2/3rd expensive, if not double.
    Seems Dell alienware m15 rtx is the only way if warranty is needed then..?

10. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone have luck sourcing a 2nd power adapter (230W)? I tried one on eBay but the barrel was the wrong size...HIDEvolution had a backorder.