*** The Official 2019 MSI GS65 Stealth with RTX GPUs Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by JRey, Jan 25, 2019.

1. xLima

xLima Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I purchased from USA (AMAZON) and the international warranty carried over to Australia.

MSI provides 1-year international warranty.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

2. kshnandi

kshnandi Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I spoke to the service center folks here. They told it won't be applicable in India.

3. ixixmmx

ixixmmx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you try reinstalling the newest nvidia drivers after the reset?

I ended up doing a clean install and Optimus works now but I didn’t update the nvidia driver yet.

4. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The OS is pretty clean from the factory, I am not sure why you guys go to the trouble of a clean format. I get the habit - but MSI is pretty good with not having bloatware (I uninstalled a few things - but that was it).

5. ixixmmx

Reputations:
    I uninstalled pretty much everything and disabled everything else. Not exactly sure what was going on but optimus wouldn't kick in and i noticed my fans were running almost constantly even though I had a custom fan profile. That, and I didn't have anything to do last night. So far, everything is working fine but I'll probably wait for nvidia to release another driver update before I try messing with it again.

6. kshnandi

kshnandi Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Didn't bother trying to update to the latest drivers. I don't intend to use Ray Tracing cause I'm hardly looking at scenery while shooting at the enemy. I'll just wait it out a month or so before trying to get the drivers from Nvidia's website. The stock drivers are quite decent.

I have a question for you. Have you kept a check on the core clocks on your 2060 which gaming? Mine averages well above 1200MHz (Nvidia Spec for Boost core clock = 1200 MHz), and it goes as high as 1890MHz. Have you seen the same behavior?

7. ixixmmx

Reputations:
    I have a 2080 max q, but haven’t had the time to look at clock speeds yet. I will try to get to it this evening.

8. JRey

JRey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    From what I understand, that is the minimum boost your GPU will go up to as long as you’re within the thermal and power restrictions of the GPU. If there is extra room, it’ll boost higher than that.
    My 2080 Max-Q’s rated boost is 1095MHz but in reality, I hover around 1350MHz, sometimes spike boosting to 1815.
    It all depends on the game and the load on the GPU at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi there! If you are curious about the Killer Control Center, we have a knowledge base article that might answer your questions - https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/do-i-need-the-killer-control-center/

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

10. ixixmmx

Reputations:
    Is anyone running nvidia’s 418.91 driver with Optimus working?