*** The Official 2019 MSI GS65 Stealth with RTX GPUs Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by JRey, Jan 25, 2019.

1. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Some people are sticklers for size, weight, etc. (I.e. majority of the garbage reviewers). These new laptops are fine as they are. Performance comes at a cost.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2. eurodj101

eurodj101 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I hear ya i was gonna orde rbut its sold out...so guess im screwed

3. LoneSyndal

Reputations:
    I see it as available after refreshing. Go for it!

4. eurodj101

Reputations:
    nah it s crazy cause it says old out on mine

5. G46VW

G46VW Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Im not talking about the GS66 version of the SFS, its MAX-Q, the GE66 that I linked with bestbuy is the full MAX-P version of the 2070 super. It will be faster then the 2080 Super MAX-Q.

6. eurodj101

Reputations:
    Its a best buy version only vendor that carries it is HIDEVOLUTION other than BB.....go figure.....but yeah that 2070S MP should be equal or faster than a 2080S MQ...and yeah theGE66 is the way to go in MSI for performance GS i just nicer all around.

7. logan jamie

logan jamie Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I am sure this has been asked before about the orange light always being on for the GS65 9SF but I have only had the laptop for a week now and MSI support is very unhelpful. The dGPU fans are always running and it cuts my battery life down to about 3.5 hours on a full charge, It is no where near the 8-9 hours people talk about.

I have tried setting my Nvidia CP to auto and integrated and also have been watch the dGPU usage icon and nothing is using it. My old GP63 would run silently until it was under load, this one seems like its always under load even when I am just using chrome.

I also get random wifi cuts, when streaming a video on youtube itll be fine then the wifi connection will go to one bar for a min then back up to full bars. My router is a Linksys EA9500, worked fine with my old GP63.

Anyone have any suggestions? It is the 2070 variant of the GS65

8. xLima

xLima Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    MSI Afterburner and GPU-Z or any other software the monitors GPU may cause the dGPU to stay active.

NVIDIA Control Panel has an option to show you dGPU usage on your bottom right icons. Go to your NVIDIA control panel and I think it's the 2nd to last tab at the top and select the option to enable the dGPU monitor (again I forget exact name).

Steam, and silent options show up for me as keeping dGPU running. I right clicked my desktop and navigated to advance graphic setting (I forget exact name) and selected high-performance and battery-saving on a per app basis via these settings.

I am away from my computer at the moment or I would give you exact step by step instructions.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

9. eurodj101

Reputations:
    pretty much on point start here and come back

10. LoneSyndal

Reputations:
    If you have Discord on, disable hardware acceleration. This one wont show up on the dgpu log.