*** The Official 2019 MSI GS65 Stealth with RTX GPUs Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by JRey, Jan 25, 2019.

1. eurodj101

eurodj101 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ur kidding right? So its lik ewhat 15% more tha the 2060? cause the 2070 was not worth it compared to the price of the 2060 just for 5-7% more performance

2. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Am not. The 2070 Super MaxP variant in the GE66 is an entirely different class and is better than the 2080 Super MQ.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

3. eurodj101

Reputations:
    So your saying we are better off buying the ge66 then?

4. LoneSyndal

Reputations:
    Thats how it is looking like at the moment. Good news is the new units still support undervolting. I would prefer a Ryzen variant though. The bravo series dont do enough justice.

5. G46VW

G46VW Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just the SFS version, best buy. LINK. Its the only one I would buy although the standard 2070 version for 1799 would not be a bad choice either. I was worried the SFS version linked was not going to make it to the states, so much so I emailed MSI asking if there was plans on it being available in the states. Never got the message back but a few weeks ago the bestbuy link came up so aparently bestbuy is doing us a favor and getting them. I had contacted overclockers.uk as they were selling it but the import duties on top of there 2400.00$ price, that was out of the question. Im looking for more raw power though, I want a DTR as I have yet to plunk down the big $$$ for a water cooled desktop. I want this, (LINK) I put in a price request, some day....

Im still waiting on my Area-51m to ship, I dont think it ever is going to to be honest. I think dell is lying about there manufacturing facilties staying open, Iv been waiting for over a month though, my ship date keeps getting pushed back and now that I have to change my order for the faster memory(when you opt for the faster XMP memory from dell you have to upgrade the processor to a K processor) its going to take even longer im sure.

To top it all off im trying to get Lenovo to give me credit on there Y740 with 2070MQ as Its in the repair depot with parts unavailable. Trying to decide if I want the Thinkpad Gen4 Yoga or the Extreme 2 with oled. There thinkpad X Fold is coming this summer, which I really like so I might bypass the Oled till that comes out.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    LoneSyndal likes this.
  6. eurodj101

Reputations:

Whats so special bout the SFS? Im coming form a rtx 2060 gs65 so i need the upgrade to be worth my while..if this is the situation with the 2070 super on the gs66 i might have to look at other options..maybe the RAzer Blade or Gigabyte Aero or maybe eveneluktronics or some other off brand

7. LoneSyndal

Reputations:
    Its the specific version of the GE66 with 2070 Super MaxP.

8. eurodj101

Reputations:
    ah that makes sense...u reckon 2200 is decent price for it?IM also confused on the build quality on the ge series......also that 240hz display is it the same as my sharp panel in hte gs65

9. LoneSyndal

Reputations:
    At that point, the card itself is the most expensive followed by the screen and battery. For me, its not a bad deal as long as you're okay with its size.

10. eurodj101

Reputations:
    whats the issue with the sze?